College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Coastal Carolina's new jerseys from UA are below. Big day for Coastal as the South Carolina budget board overruled the Governor and the Commission on Higher Education to authorize the $32m necessary to add about 11k seats for the jump to the Fun Belt from the FCS ranks.

CqPi42cWcAABH_K.jpg

CqQtU9iWcAE0JGn.jpg

CqQtV3SWEAAOogM.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can nitpick with Nebraska.  Hate the slashes thru the stripes, not enough red, why does grey or black have to be added to everything?  Other than that, one of their better looks.  Someone on the Husker board was trying to tell me (when I took exception to the stripe slashes) that it's because their logo is 3 stripes.  Um. okay.  Not sure I buy that one.  Even if I did it's still a lame design element.  

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

I can nitpick with Nebraska.  Hate the slashes thru the stripes, not enough red, why does grey or black have to be added to everything?  Other than that, one of their better looks.  Someone on the Husker board was trying to tell me (when I took exception to the stripe slashes) that it's because their logo is 3 stripes.  Um. okay.  Not sure I buy that one.  Even if I did it's still a lame design element.  

There are slashes through everything because their manufacturer is #threestripelife and can't produce normal stripes on their laffy taffy fabrics. 

South Carolina looks amazing with the new Under Armour template. Some of the combos will look a lot better than others, naturally, but I think this could be a good year for USC aesthetically.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Just gotta say those look absolutely amazing. South Carolina has some of the best uniforms in the country right now.

12 minutes ago, KJHillis said:

Thank you :)

Never thought I'd hear that

South Carolina manages to pull together a combo that includes both black and white pretty well.  Usually, you get the third color (in this case garnet, or crimson or whatever SC's shade of red is) and it either gravitates more towards black or more towards white in terms of contrast.  See Northwestern's purple and black being almost too similar.  Winds up muddled.  

But SC pulls it off nicely.  They look sharp.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Just gotta say those look absolutely amazing. South Carolina has some of the best uniforms in the country right now.

This should be their primary look. It stands out from other red, black and white teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/22/2016 at 10:50 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Is that a guarantee though? I can see Nike throwing something off the wall for them too, just bright orange instead of grey.

Yes, the usual home uniforms will be worn. Nike presented some options, but they were rejected. 

8 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Thats a great question. I didn't notice it the first time. I can't think of any other time that a corporate logo (other than the manufacturer logo) has been on a college football uni outside of a bowl game.

The 2013 Red River Shootout Rivalry had a game patch without the game's sponsor logo, but both schools ditched the golden hat inspired uniforms after this one game.

NCAA_FB13_UNIFORMS_TEXAS_Rivalry_0000_24

These went away because Charlie Strong didn't want to have alternate uniforms against their biggest rivals. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, KJHillis said:

Thank you :)

Never thought I'd hear that

That is exactly why I dropped the Oklahoma State Cowboys Uni-Tracker Blog and created a South Carolina Gamecocks Uni-Tracker. By adding the garnet & black (which I love) is just what the team needed to complete their fantastic set. I would go so far as to say this is the best looking Under Armour uniform set in the NCAA. 

spacer.png

Archived