College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, Harmening said:

That Florida guy looks like Aaron Rodriquez. 

I feel like I should say something... but I won't. 

------------------------------------------

Georgia looks like a completely different team wearing black. It's not that I'm against it, but it's just weird seeing them in something other than the red helmet & silver britches. 

Also, count me in as someone who doesn't like Cincinnati's red alternates. As someone has already pointed out, it looks like they're trying too hard to be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but even then they suck at it. Just stick with the special Nippert Stadium jersey and call that the full-time alt:

635813188771141977-1024BearcatsUConn-36.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Just out of curiosity where are you hearing the rumors? I'm in Athens and this is the first I've heard of it.

A UGA insider message board. It was from a member that has been on the board for 15 years and I asked if it was really happening or what he wanted to happen and he said it was real. I can try to get some more information.

15 hours ago, edjb93 said:

All these helmets are new designs for this year. UCF had different designs for their black and white helmets during the previous seasons.

What does the other side look like?...not sure that logo fits on the other side so I wouldn't be surprised if they have numbers or a different logo on there. 

20 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

These are entirely bad ass. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the striping on the sleeves, but the rest of the look more than makes up for it.

They had me at the helmets. 

They lost me when that dude dabbed in the beginning. 

spacer.png

Normally it's adidas who makes the worst alternate uniform of the year, but Nike so far has taken the cake with this abomination. I get that it's at a racetrack, but there are better ways to honor that on a uniform than making the whole uniform a giant :censored:ing racetrack, if they get blown out people are gonna say "it's a good thing they dressed like a road, because Tennessee drove all over them." or something similar to that. Pants are boring, and the helmet is trash like the rest of the jersey, at least the numbers are readable, because that's the only positive. 

EDIT: Turns out it's their dumb Hokiestone pattern, which makes things even worse.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Speaking of which

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/08/73174/ohio-state-to-wear-chic-harley-era-uniforms-nov-5-against-nebraska

73174_h_0.jpg,qitok=deXinNIX.pagespeed.c

At least Ohio States walking memes are somewhat fashionable.

Interesting the jersey template is the Elite 51. I'm sure they just photoshopped an old image and they'll be using their current template, but interesting nonetheless. 

39 minutes ago, sonny said:

Interesting the jersey template is the Elite 51. I'm sure they just photoshopped an old image and they'll be using their current template, but interesting nonetheless. 

There was a lot of speculation that Nebraska would be wearing throwback alternates this year (cream colored, see posts a few pages back).  While the schools are with different designers (Nike, Adidas), I would love to see the Huskers in a throwback style for this game.  Could look pretty awesome.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

51 minutes ago, sonny said:

Our graphic designer just photoshopped the Rivalry series uniform. The Chic Harley alternates will be on the Vapor Untouchable template.

Archived