College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, miketd1 said:

Rutgers Dark Knight jerseys.  Sorry if already posted.

rutgers-football-holds-fan-appreciation-

Black matte helmet with new upgraded knight logo

20961422-standard.jpg

'chain mail' patterned sleeves

Cqat5FVXgAIg6lr.jpg

sword striping on pants (difficult to see here)

Only complaint for me is the lack of any red on the helmet. Otherwise solid uniform IMO

AmPJ0Ty.png 

knight95:  it remains to be seen if the NCAA will allow a blood red visor:

10mmtu9.png

I debated whether or not to include it in my first post, but figured leave it out since it might not fly.

Gotta say, it looks amazing in concept...

35 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Only complaint for me is the lack of any red on the helmet. Otherwise solid uniform IMO

Totally agree. If the Knight was scarlet, it would look great. Still a good uniform, but needs more scarlet in the helmet. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

23 minutes ago, cwl4 said:

Do any other regular season college football games have an advertising patch?

Thats a great question. I didn't notice it the first time. I can't think of any other time that a corporate logo (other than the manufacturer logo) has been on a college football uni outside of a bowl game.

The 2013 Red River Shootout Rivalry had a game patch without the game's sponsor logo, but both schools ditched the golden hat inspired uniforms after this one game.

NCAA_FB13_UNIFORMS_TEXAS_Rivalry_0000_24

48 minutes ago, miketd1 said:

Rutgers Dark Knight jerseys.  Sorry if already posted.

rutgers-football-holds-fan-appreciation-

Black matte helmet with new upgraded knight logo

'chain mail' patterned sleeves

sword striping on pants (difficult to see here)

I may be weird on this but I don't like images of a helmet on a helmet. Wish designers would be creative and incorporate helmet elements on a football helmet (ie. Vikings) without showing a full helmet. Just me?

13 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Totally agree. If the Knight was scarlet, it would look great. Still a good uniform, but needs more scarlet in the helmet. 

"Scarlet is a brilliant red color"

.... you know what I meant. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

22 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Regarding corporate logo patches outside of bowl games...Dawgs and Heels will don this patch in a week and a half.

image.jpeg

Whenever I see advertisements like that for college sports, the first thing that comes to my mind is this:

7 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Adidas sure does like to slash their stripes...

I think it's partly functional.  The chromish material they apply to the jersey is kind of like an iron-on.  The cuts allow the material to stretch instead of breaking.

Still, there are probably other ways to engineer this process, so I think it's also an aesthetic that they like.  Personally, I'm happy with the result.  They're clean and not too crazy looking.  Works well for an alternate and I think the subtle white/grey differences will look pretty cool in natural lighting.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Never thought I would say this, but I actually really like those Nebraska uniforms. Yea, they have the typical adidas-crap, but it's a nice clean look overall. I love the matte white helmet particularly.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I like the new jerseys for Rutgers (ba dum tss), but I wish they had at least kept the silver one with the battle scratches on it:

Rutgers_Facebook_Side.jpg

Nebraska looks... okay, I guess. I know that making the striping red would look really similar to the primary road uniform, but in this case, I think it would've worked so much better than the anthracite colored striping. By the way, am I the only one who thinks Nebraska should use the N-striping on their primary pants?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived