College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

8 hours ago, j'villejags said:

The hardest part of this was trying to get the maize looking right. It still looks off to me but I got tired of tweaking it. :lol:

I think Michigan's look is fine... But it seems every team needs to wear an alt at least once per year... And the all maize look is light years better then anything they've worn in the last 4-5 years for alts. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

I think Michigan's look is fine... But it seems every team needs to wear an alt at least once per year... And the all maize look is light years better then anything they've worn in the last 4-5 years for alts. 

I don't know. Aside from the giant M, these were pretty awesome...

UMFB_Uniform_ND-thumb-590x393-112001.jpg

1 hour ago, edjb93 said:

Real-life preview from the last seasons of the Adidas era. The combo is not bad, but the shades of maize are bugging me.

usatsi_7852922.jpg

Ugh.  That hurts my eyes.  That's worse than the Cowboys' nineteen shades of blue and their greensilver pants.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here's a look at some new cleats for Oregon this season:

image.jpeg

Both the yellow cleats and the white and green ones on the far right utilize the new wing pattern that was on the yellow jersey that leaked a while back, which suggests to me that there may be a white and green road version of this:

image.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't know. Aside from the giant M, these were pretty awesome...

UMFB_Uniform_ND-thumb-590x393-112001.jpg

Not terrible, but too many stripes on the sleeves, giant M on front, and chode numerals on helmet. 

I thinkt he maize shirt would look better with the white pants they have been wearing. 

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

ODU on the BFBS train

CquCkktWgAEZUvW.jpg

Back in black (for the first time ever?)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

55 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Based on the Oregon cleats, you can sort of tell what the 5 main jerseys will be: black/silver or gray, apple green/yellow/black, yellow/black, white/silver or gray, and white/apple green/silver or gray.

Sounds like the normal set they've brought out past years on a newer template 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

49 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Sounds like the normal set they've brought out past years on a newer template 

This possibly confirms that they've phased out their dark green in favor of the kelly/apple green.  Based on what they've been wearing in practice, what the AD's marketing looks like, and what's being sold in in stores, this is another nail in the coffin of the dark green uniforms.

6 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Real-life preview from the last seasons of the Adidas era. The combo is not bad, but the shades of maize are bugging me.

usatsi_7852922.jpg

These were rushed out after they bought Oregon State jerseys because they had red "no contact" jerseys.  Adidas had made game jerseys matching the pants for the US Army All American game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That Old Dominion uniform looks really good, but also illustrates what I hate so much about BFBS uniforms. You either end up with the OD types that marginalize one of the main school colors (navy in this case) because it would look bad on black, or the teams cram a color that looks poor with black into the uniform just to maintain the school colors to some extent. 

The Virginia 247 moderator just tweeted out a video of the Cavs new uniforms but then quickly deleted the post. 

They were awesome looking, classic uniforms with orange, blue and white options for helmet, jersey and pants. An absolutely beautiful look that they absolutely ruined by putting the crossed swords logo on one side of the helmet and numbers on the other on all three versions. 

Archived