College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Might have been simply a collar patch change but the previous blue throwbacks had the wide "V" logo whereas these have the sword logo. So they are either new or updated. Not identical to the previous throwbacks.

image.jpeg

The number font was also updated too

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not new by any means, but a cool find. Georgia's mascot Uga always wears a jersey matching the team. Usually it's his normal red jersey, sometimes he gets a white one on the road, and he even got black for the blackouts. But apparently Uga got a custom Pro Combat design when they played Boise State a number of years ago. Can't find a picture of him wearing it yet.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Kinda surprised Virginia didn't go to Nike Vapor Untouchable jerseys like most college teams are doing nowadays.

Only Oregon has that template. The majority of Nike teams have the Mach Speed.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Man, I haven't been on the site for a few days and come back to check new unis out and see WVU has an anniversary patch as a helmet logo and UVA is dressing up like auburn and Clemson. What a mess those helmets are...

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Man, I haven't been on the site for a few days and come back to check new unis out and see WVU has an anniversary patch as a helmet logo and UVA is dressing up like auburn and Clemson. What a mess those helmets are...

But Auburn and Virginia got their colors fro...eh, never mind

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Know you guys will enjoy this - full run down of every uniform change this year. 116 teams included (shameless plug, yes. this isn't reddit)

http://www.auburnuniforms.com/2016/08/2016-ncaa-uniform-recap.html

2016 uni changes splash 1.jpg

Central Florida is the Golden Knights.  Black Knights are Army.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/27/2016 at 1:00 PM, JosiahWVU said:

https://twitter.com/WVUfootball/status/769570705310617602/photo/1

WVU has a new helmet for their opener against Mizzou, a 125th anniversy helmet.

I could see this anniversary logo one-off alt helmet becoming a trend, with all the anniversary logos being created/flaunted these days

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

1 hour ago, tron1013 said:

UCF dropped the "Golden" and has been just the "Knights" since 2007.

Source is here.

Either way, I goofed. Thanks guys, though. Mistakes were bound to happen with that size of a post, just hate it was so early...

ojNNazQ.jpg

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Too bad they're moving to UA next year. If they go more traditional and avoid the leg stripe they should be decent. 

Unpopular opinion, but I love that leg stripe. It's really unique, fits with Cal's aesthetic, and doesn't stretch into the absurd category. I really like the idea of Cal having a somewhat modern uniform with a bit of piping or irregular stripes, while keeping the color combos to a minimum. I think their current unis are damn near perfect for them in particular (maybe not so much for other schools) and I'm really sorry to see them switch to UA, who I know won't create something quite as cool. Decent, but not as creative.

Anything on Oregon yet? I assumed that leaked yellow Mariota jersey I found a few months back would be the new set but haven't been able to find anything else. Strange given that the season is a week away

42 minutes ago, bowld said:

Anything on Oregon yet? I assumed that leaked yellow Mariota jersey I found a few months back would be the new set but haven't been able to find anything else. Strange given that the season is a week away

This jersey has also been leaked:

image.jpeg

And here are some of the glove options for this season:

image.jpeg

And the cleat options as well (the yellow ones and the white and green ones on the far right show the same wing pattern that was on the leaked yellow jersey you referred to):

image.jpeg

And then there's this jersey that was unveiled together with the white Alamo Bowl set:

image.jpeg

And they also have new goal post pads for this season which have the aforementioned new wing pattern which suggests that will be the basis of the majority of the new set:

image.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived