College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

The anthracite/dark grey/charcoal/whatever uniforms were worn by players at fan day this last Saturday, continuing them being the go to uniforms for preseason appearances. The kelly green jerseys that were leaked were confirmed to me by former UO star athlete who has a brother on the team, but I'll still take that with a grain of salt. She also mentioned that "we haven't seen anything yet" with a smirky grin so this should be an interesting year for Oregon uniforms.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

The anthracite/dark grey/charcoal/whatever uniforms were worn by players at fan day this last Saturday, continuing them being the go to uniforms for preseason appearances. The kelly green jerseys that were leaked were confirmed to me by former UO star athlete who has a brother on the team, but I'll still take that with a grain of salt. She also mentioned that "we haven't seen anything yet" with a smirky grin so this should be an interesting year for Oregon uniforms.

I know exactly who you source is now after you used "She."

40 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Same here, I was completely lost on who it could be until he used "she". But anyways, in addition to the information we already know regarding the new Oregon uniforms, here's a new pre game top that was shown in a Facebook video touring the new Marcus Mariota Sports Performance Center:

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 5.13.41 PM.png

In the same video, you can briefly see what looks to be the new green jerseys that have already been leaked and apparently confirmed by BigDmo's source, but it was too brief for me to be able to screenshot. They can be seen around the 24-25 minute range so if anyone wants to take a look at that, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/goducks/videos/vb.45710364705/10154521095374706/?type=2&theater

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Same here, I was completely lost on who it could be until he used "she". But anyways, in addition to the information we already know regarding the new Oregon uniforms, here's a new pre game top that was shown in a Facebook video touring the new Marcus Mariota Sports Performance Center:

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 5.13.41 PM.png

In the same video, you can briefly see what looks to be the new green jerseys that have already been leaked and apparently confirmed by BigDmo's source, but it was too brief for me to be able to screenshot. They can be seen around the 24-25 minute range so if anyone wants to take a look at that, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/goducks/videos/vb.45710364705/10154521095374706/?type=2&theater

Am I suppose to be seeing anything other than the tank top?

Found the jerseys but am still disappointed because they don't look as great as past uniforms.  Seems like Oregon can't quite seem to figure out what single direction they want to go with their uniforms so they've picked out a bunch of different looks, which makes any cohesion from past wholesale uniform changes impossible.  Plus, it looks like Oregon will still be using the helmets from last season, which were a mixed bag of good, bad, and average.  Just don't get the feeling that Oregon is on the cutting edge of uniforms anymore.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I was fine with the glitter helmets for Oregon last season, but I really don't want it to become a new trend.. 

image.jpeg

This will actually make them look white from a distance as opposed to an off white, yellowish color.

12 hours ago, uuh70 said:

Finally, UCLA will look aesthetically pleasing

Reveal hidden contents

CrE0YZkVIAA40Pi.jpg:large

Reveal hidden contents

CrC3dozUAAAEYvd.jpg

Jim Mora, Jr. forced Adidas to produce non-tire tread jerseys for this season, the final in the contract with UCLA, as detailed here back in June. Hopefully UA will be able to maintain a similar look next year.

12 minutes ago, rsaline said:

So I thought that it was determined the Washington was only going to wear the metallic gold Vicis helmets this year, but HGI just posted that they are working on some more chrome gold helmets. 

14192672_1096270313755145_40588304722681

The Vicis helmets were scrapped due to fit, comfort, and protection issues. The same thing happened with Oregon.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Vicis helmets were scrapped due to fit, comfort, and protection issues. The same thing happened with Oregon.

I would have rather they keep to just wearing metallic gold but since they'll be wearing the old gear I'm not surprised to see chrome or black returning at a cost that's half of the Vicis. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, Webfooter said:

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Well I thought about leading off with female multi sport legend but who doesn't love a little mystery :lol:. I'm good friends with her so I fully believe what she's hinted at. Oregon has been good about keeping everything under wraps though so only time will tell

On 8/29/2016 at 5:06 PM, upperV03 said:

I was fine with the glitter helmets for Oregon last season, but I really don't want it to become a new trend.. 

image.jpeg

Then you'll need to get in a time machine and go back about 15 years, because most teams with white helmets have been doing this at least that long. From more than five feet away, you can't see it and don't notice it, but most do it. Plain white helmets can look yellow under stadium lights and on TV at night. The silver flakes reflect, making the helmet appear bright white on TV and in person. 

I know at Tennessee we have had the silver flakes in the helmets since at least 2004. HDTV made it an even more popular option than it was before then. 

29 minutes ago, BRice16 said:

Then you'll need to get in a time machine and go back about 15 years, because most teams with white helmets have been doing this at least that long. From more than five feet away, you can't see it and don't notice it, but most do it. Plain white helmets can look yellow under stadium lights and on TV at night. The silver flakes reflect, making the helmet appear bright white on TV and in person. 

I know at Tennessee we have had the silver flakes in the helmets since at least 2004. HDTV made it an even more popular option than it was before then. 

This is true...but how many up-close pictures of Tennessee helmets have we seen where you can't see the flakes as obvious as Rutgers and Oregon?  I'd say a lot.  There are metallic/sparkle finishes on white helmets...then there are these, a little bit more pronounced.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

How many up-close pictures of Tennessee helmets have we seen where you can't see the flakes as obvious as Rutgers and Oregon?  I'd say a lot.  There are metallic/sparkle finishes on white helmets...then there are these, a little bit more pronounced.

Exactly. The silver flakes that Tennessee and many other schools have used on their white helmets in the past are simply meant to brighten up the helmet shell, whereas the glitter finish on the Oregon and Rutgers helmets have that same effect but are also intended to catch the light and reflect off of it like so:

image.gif

The sparkly finish on the new Rutgers helmets doesn't seem quite as pronounced as the Oregon helmets but it is definitely more apparent than just the normal silver flakes that many teams have used for awhile.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived