College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jdukie said:

These are sad. I felt like Oregon jumped the shark last season with the multiple templates and helmet decals. Now it looks like they've been devoured and thrown up by the shark. This is clearly not the Oregon I became a fan of back in 2009. I'm starting to wonder if the uniqueness and innovation of their uniforms left with Mariotta after the 2014 season. Hopefully the rest of season isn't this bad.

Call me crazy, but I miss the diamond plate uniforms.  I thought those were the coolest.

Spoiler

Blair.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Oregon doesn't look terrible but it's not a great look.  Their problem is that they started this whole thing so there's a certain expectation for them and with so much crazy crap out there, it's probably hard for one school to keep up with however many others try to out-do each other with their uniforms every year.  Not wearing school colors was their thing, but now that so many other teams are doing it they should probably go back to green and yellow.

Just learned that Florida's wearing orange-blue-blue tonight.  I'm hoping they don't wear the white helmets at all this year but I wouldn't mind a blue version, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

One thing I do really like about Oregon's uniforms for today is the return to the matte black helmets and also the slightly larger yellow "O" decals like the ones they've used on their satin green helmets the past two seasons. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

One thing I do really like about Oregon's uniforms for today is the return to the matte black helmets and also the slightly larger yellow "O" decals like the ones they've used on their satin green helmets the past two seasons. 

Like that they brought those back instead of the black glossy ones from last season.

3 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Like that they brought those back instead of the black glossy ones from last season.

Yeah I agree. I didn't like the glossy finish and the small wings were hardly noticeable. This way there's more room for the decals and the matte finish just looks cleaner.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Dear Oregon:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

They seem like an homage to the 80s/90s GT years...but they never wore white pants back then, did they?

Since Johnson has been the coach since 2008, they tend to go mono-white on the road and white over gold at home. In some of their bowl games they tend to wear navy over gold.

58 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

USF - Towson tonight, these are our new SoFlo alts with the green matte helmet with SoFlo logo.

image.jpeg

Wow, that's garishly bright. 

Point of clarification, only the helmets and neon underthings are new. 

For how loud the neon green is you'd think they would have done the helmet decal in it instead of being pretty invisible. 

Noticed this during the intro of the UW game this morning but Number 21 Quinten Pounds (I believe) had the wrong #1 on his jersey. Both his numbers had the Northwest corner triangle which is only supposed to be on the first digit. While I'm on it, I like the idea but not a fan of the execution. Numbers like 2 and 1 with a square corner look great, but the rounded 0, 6, 8, & 9 look bad to me. Wish they would do away with this little feature.

File_000_zpsf3tu5g42.jpeg

original_014_zpsd3habnct.jpg

SEAsig.png

Archived