College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NickNolanPhD said:

Oregon is planning on revealing their new uniforms tomorrow. Hoping we can put those grey jerseys in the past, and have a set of uniform options.

If you look closely inside of the swoosh, the pattern appears to be the wing pattern that was seen on those leaked yellow jerseys so I'm not sure if that tweet is just talking about the yellow jerseys or if it's talking about multiple new jerseys in their set.

EDIT: Actually, their Twitter account for their football program said it was just the uniforms for this week's game vs UVA. The release is set for 7 A.M. Pacific tomorrow morning.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

absolutely. especially the backup QB number 10 was the biggest discrepancy between thicknesses. it honestly grated on my eyes all game long

Idk why but that's how the catalog version of Miami's font appeared. My school had it senior year, and it is really warped. Looks fine on the front but the back and shoulders look terrible, especially the 0s and 9s.

1 hour ago, scraw28 said:

Crhry24UMAAF5Nk.jpg

Exactly why I like the black clears for Miami. I wish Texas still wore black on black at home and white on white on the road.

also they weren't great, but I really liked the color balance and the heathered look on oregons uniforms. And they really should not have changed the number font from the Mariota years. It was fine, everything since, not so much. 

I wonder if the new Oregon uniforms were behind on schedule or something so they worse those as filler?

The weird, clothy grey look just seemed so outside of their direction -- and I know, it sounds weird, but I do think as they always evolve there is always at least a sense of direction. 

3 hours ago, NickNolanPhD said:

Oregon is planning on revealing their new uniforms tomorrow. Hoping we can put those grey jerseys in the past, and have a set of uniform options.

DEFCON 2

23 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I wonder if the new Oregon uniforms were behind on schedule or something so they worse those as filler?

The weird, clothy grey look just seemed so outside of their direction -- and I know, it sounds weird, but I do think as they always evolve there is always at least a sense of direction. 

The uniforms for the season opener were a tribute to their longtime strength and conditioning coach Jim Radcliffe, so they were simply a one time specialty uniform that is seperate from the rest of the new set. This link will tell you more about the inspiration behind the look:

https://spark.adobe.com/page/N1DhPKK39eSOZ/

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

IIRC, Notre Dame unveiled a standardized font for athletics and rolled it out for this season. I don't have a good picture, but it looks like the numbers on ND's jerseys have a small navy outline on the gold. 

You do recall correctly, but I didn't see a navy outer outline. Just a thick gold one.

Also, I love the new font. The one we used initially with Under Armour was a little too thick for my liking.

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

image.jpegFull Oregon uniform for this week:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Gotta say I'm a big fan of these, with the exception of maybe the helmet, but I'm hoping the wing print on this jersey is the basis for the majority of their new set.

I do not think the Internet will break, unless there's something I'm not noticing.

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Full Oregon uniform for this week:

image.jpeg

Gotta say I'm a big fan of these, with the exception of maybe the helmet, but I'm hoping the wing print on this jersey is the basis for the majority of their new set.

Two different ducks seems pointless.

39 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Full Oregon uniform for this week:

image.jpeg

I'm weirdly impressed by how good these look. The new wing pattern is definitely the best thing about the uniform.

Archived