College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 hours ago, jujubeans said:

They only ever wear this look once a year, usually early on, but Minnesota should seriously make this their primary look. It's easily their best.

rodney-smith-of-the-minnesota-golden-gop

I wouldn't say easily. I prefer this:

minnesota-vs-northwestern-oct-11.jpg

Or if Minnesota's white pants had stripes matching their gold helmet stripes, this combination would be right up there (either with gold shells or their normal maroon shells):

4fdfcbac-68dc-40a7-8538-494b2567716d.JPG

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

Or if Minnesota's white pants had stripes matching their gold helmet stripes, this combination would be right up there (either with gold shells or their normal maroon shells):

GGW is their worst look.  I think they should just lose white pants altogether.  MGM and GMG should split time home and away. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

They all look great

I like when teams stick to solid logos for at least few decades. You can shake up he unis and helmet colors, but I like consistency.  I like OSU's previous logo better, script and all.  Too many teams have run away from classic script.  I wish the WSU cougars would embrace script like the helmets of my youth. 

3a136acaa65db8e95bc440d4153c.jpg

51fhvG7fnCL__SY300_QL70_.jpg

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

At least they did it better than Miami.

No they didn't. Oregon State is one of many teams that screwed up that early 2000s Miami template.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

45 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

Tennessee needs to make there Smokey Grey helmet a Matte or Satin helmet.

Its really hard to tell the layers are there because of the reflection of the stadium.

I would prefer to make it a retired helmet.  Tennessee wearing all gray is like Alabama wearing all black.  I know so many want alternate looks, and an orange helmet would simply be too overwhelming to look at.  But some teams just should not go alternate. 

8 minutes ago, crosfam said:

I would prefer to make it a retired helmet.  Tennessee wearing all gray is like Alabama wearing all black.  I know so many want alternate looks, and an orange helmet would simply be too overwhelming to look at.  But some teams just should not go alternate. 

I agree with the helmet.. An alternate look doesn't always have to be an entire head-to-toe uniform.. A grey jersey with they're normal helmet and pants would suffice for Tennessee (and many/most others as well)

I strongly disagree, I love the smokey grey uniforms. I think that they're perfectly executed alternate uniforms in that they're not garish or violently different from the classic set while still being refreshing to break out 1-2 times a year to energize the team and fanbase. The smokey grey helmet is one of my favorites in all of football, although I would be interested to see what a different finish might look like. Grey may be the trendy color in sports aesthetics right now, but I think that it may be more than a fad for Tennessee due to its popularity with the fans along with the good reasoning behind using it. 

spacer.png

Maroon-maroon-gold and all-maroon are Minnesota's best looks. I'd love the gold-maroon-gold too, if not for the Ski-U-Mah stripe on the helmets.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

12 hours ago, WinMINTwins said:

Maroon-maroon-gold and all-maroon are Minnesota's best looks. I'd love the gold-maroon-gold too, if not for the Ski-U-Mah stripe on the helmets.

I agree. While the gold/yellow jersey is not bad, it just screams "Alternate Uniform".  It would be like advocating for Michigan or the Pittsburgh Steelers to switch to a yellow primary uniform. 

Archived