College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Nova's uni's too.  Would love to see an alternate white helmet now and then.  They seemed to have worn white pants more this year instead of the blue ones.

PSU/USC will look great.  I always enjoy the Rose Bowl field too. Probably my favorite Bowl Game.  Just iconic.

6 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Navy look for this year

CzBMUwLWIAQKPES_zpsfv22iunq.jpeg

I would have used the same number font as the Staubach era unis. And I don't like the navy shoulder yoke

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 12/6/2016 at 4:32 PM, Webfooter said:

Under Armour just looks like they copied the Nike uniforms with the same shoulder board design but changed a couple of the smaller details while adding yellow.  Think I still like Army's uniforms better.

KyLYpzQ.png

This is what I thought when I first saw them too. They look just like these jerseys with a few tweaks and different colors (thanks to @AndrewMLind for the Mock-up)

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

23 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

so this is really a fauxback, right? design wise, it's certainly got UA's stamp on it but it's a good looking uniform that will balance well with Army's

but damn, is this really how they roll out a uniform design? did this really come from UA? because i don't think i've seen a worse presentation than this. Nike does a photo shoot, a video, and host it on all on a microsite complete with right-ups on uniform details and inspiration. then there's this from UA? i hope there's more

I'm fine with the uniform design in a vacuum, not good, but par for the course for UA. I guess I've yet to warm up to their designs.

It's strange the tease this as a throwback or even a fauxback. The only design element shared with the '63 uniform is the logo on the shoulder, and that's not even in the right color. Number font is not the same, jersey color is not the same, the helmet is a different color and has stripes and a logo, even the general aesthetic (overall look and feel) aren't close enough that they can be considered fauxbacks.

ncf_staubach_412.jpg

EDIT: And to cross check the colors, here's a different uniform from roughly the same era:

roger-staubach-navy-midshipmen-pose-auto

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

6 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I'm fine with the uniform design in a vacuum, not good, but par for the course for UA. I guess I've yet to warm up to their designs.

It's strange the tease this as a throwback or even a fauxback. The only design element shared with the '63 uniform is the logo on the shoulder, and that's not even in the right color. Number font is not the same, jersey color is not the same, the helmet is a different color and has stripes and a logo, even the general aesthetic (overall look and feel) aren't close enough that they can be considered fauxbacks.

ncf_staubach_412.jpg

EDIT: And to cross check the colors, here's a different uniform from roughly the same era:

roger-staubach-navy-midshipmen-pose-auto

I am in total agreement with this assessment. This navy alt sucks and looks like a high school uniform, ua should be ashamed for attempting to tie this to any historical uniforms.

New Mexico in white for the New Mexico Bowl this year - Mountain West is away team (even in the home stadium). They had the regular white jersey (and UTSA's blue) on display The at the announcement, but over the last ten years there have been a few game day surprises.  I'm hoping we see these unique unis: 

New-Mexico-Air-Force-FootballJPEG-dd9a1.jpg

I really wish WMU would class up the uniforms for the cotton bowl.  The woodland pattern must be put away for the big game.   I really liked this look in 2012.  But of course, I am a Husky fan and this looks a bit like a UW tribute helmet. 

wm-10-12-allwhite-bradleyleeb-675x380.jpg

Western_Michigan_Speed_mini_helmet.png

Archived