College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the announcement lunch.  Unique trophies.  Hard to see the leather shields (laying flat) for offensive and defensive players of the game.  Still hoping for the turquoise, but most likely will see this combo with cherry red pants for the lobos.  Photo on NM bowl twitter. 

CzGJfmTUkAARb1R.jpg

Army numbers have been pretty easy to read. I'm impressed. How do you know you've messed up your throwback? No UCLA stripes, Navy! Apparently they were based on another jersey, not the gold jerseys shown but the white version of the 1963 uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/8/2016 at 2:25 PM, jmac11281 said:

Bowl game looks should be traditional. With that being said, does Western Michigan have a traditional uniform anymore?

why is that? i think if there's even 1 game a team would do something special for, it's a bowl game. it's a special event, so "dress up". even if its something like putting a rose on the helmets of the Rose Bowl teams, it makes sense to me to make it special and memorable through the uniforms

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yes, it's true:

IMG_2623.JPG

This is a horribly tactless gesture. Just because you have an alt uniform that coincidentally pairs well with a natural disaster does not make it a good idea. The message I get is a cheap excuse and hollow gesture for a traditionally uniformed team to wear its alt uni in a bowl game. Apparently the concept of restraint is lost on our contemporary culture...

54 minutes ago, guest23 said:

This is a horribly tactless gesture. Just because you have an alt uniform that coincidentally pairs well with a natural disaster does not make it a good idea. The message I get is a cheap excuse and hollow gesture for a traditionally uniformed team to wear its alt uni in a bowl game. Apparently the concept of restraint is lost on our contemporary culture...

If this was decided before the fires I'd agree. But I'm hoping this wasn't the case. And as tone deaf as UT has been towards people who go to the school, I am hoping that their statement is truthful. A patch will probably be on the helmets as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I can attest that the Smokey Grey helmets were packed up for the season months ago. I think that solidifies the choice being made after the fires.

Glad I'm not the only one against them doing this. I pissed off plenty of UT fans on Twitter the other day haha

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

19 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I can attest that the Smokey Grey helmets were packed up for the season months ago. I think that solidifies the choice being made after the fires.

Glad I'm not the only one against them doing this. I pissed off plenty of UT fans on Twitter the other day haha

To add, I think a patch, helmet decal, or equivalent gesture would be a perfectly fine tribute. The graphic says it all..."look at us and how much we care" brought to you by "T/swoosh". Nowhere is there any messaging of any sort vehicle for outreach/volunteerism/call to action. Not even a half-assed portion of the proceeds excuse is mentioned. This move doesn't even meet the minimum standards to be called slacktivism.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:13 AM, guest23 said:

Totally agree. Seems very offensive to wear odd uniforms that emphasize the pain instead of wearing their loved, traditional, orange that would emphasize getting past the disaster. . 

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

http://www.azfamily.com/story/34046756/uniformity-sun-devil-athletics-sets-new-uniform-standards

Much needed changes from Arizona State. We're actually gonna see gold helmets and pants more than twice a year now. 

This is good news, but it is kinda crazy that they need multiple people at different levels to formally approve, and that they needed to issue a release about their plan.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

http://www.azfamily.com/story/34046756/uniformity-sun-devil-athletics-sets-new-uniform-standards

Much needed changes from Arizona State. We're actually gonna see gold helmets and pants more than twice a year now. 

Definitely should improve the situation.  It still leaves quite a bit open for some shenanigans, but at least it's mitigation from a pretty bad offender.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived