College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

On 12/11/2016 at 6:05 PM, guest23 said:

To add, I think a patch, helmet decal, or equivalent gesture would be a perfectly fine tribute. The graphic says it all..."look at us and how much we care" brought to you by "T/swoosh". Nowhere is there any messaging of any sort vehicle for outreach/volunteerism/call to action. Not even a half-assed portion of the proceeds excuse is mentioned. This move doesn't even meet the minimum standards to be called slacktivism.

Well, I can tell you the response from people locally, you know, the ones actually affected by the fires, was overwhelmingly positive. In fact, the idea to wear the uniforms came from those affected by the fires as a way to continue to bring awareness to disaster relief.

The school and the team have made many "calls to action" for volunteering and donations, including busloads of student-athletes going up to Gatlinburg with supplies and spending numerous hours serving the community there. UT was active in local fundraisers for the victims as well. 

But, by all means, make a judgment based on one graphic without having any idea on the rest of the story. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, BRice16 said:

Well, I can tell you the response from people locally, you know, the ones actually affected by the fires, was overwhelmingly positive. In fact, the idea to wear the uniforms came from those affected by the fires as a way to continue to bring awareness to disaster relief.

If that's the case then great. I'm all for it. 

On December 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Germanshepherd said:

http://www.azfamily.com/story/34046756/uniformity-sun-devil-athletics-sets-new-uniform-standards

Much needed changes from Arizona State. We're actually gonna see gold helmets and pants more than twice a year now. 

I'm clearly in he minority but I think this is pretty lame. Not because I think they should wear anything other than maroon and gold but because I'm not a fan of administrative folks having that much say in what you can and can't do down to the color of uniform you are required to wear in a rivalry game. It's just way too many hands in the cookie jar for my liking. 

If if you don't want to allow non-school color uniforms then that is fine. I just think that is way too many rules and way too specific. Either allow it or don't. Don't try to over complicate the process. 

It's good to see the ASU brass putting their foot down on the uniforms. While I did kinda like the copper, I don't have any issue with it being limited or removed. The rest going away (black and grey) would be fine by me though.

To think, they used up to five colors. FIVE!

7 hours ago, razorback447 said:

I'm clearly in he minority but I think this is pretty lame. Not because I think they should wear anything other than maroon and gold but because I'm not a fan of administrative folks having that much say in what you can and can't do down to the color of uniform you are required to wear in a rivalry game. It's just way too many hands in the cookie jar for my liking. 

If if you don't want to allow non-school color uniforms then that is fine. I just think that is way too many rules and way too specific. Either allow it or don't. Don't try to over complicate the process. 

I get the feeling that adidas probably wanted to do something that had none of the school colors in it or the boosters complained that ASU uniforms started to dilute the school's identity. I would agree with the latter most likely occurring. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In regards to Arizona State, brand standards are created for a reason. The football team was obviously starting to sway from them, and the administration had to reel them back in.

Also, according to Uniformity's tweets, it's more so a request to have the team wear school colors against Arizona and other big games, rather than grey and copper like this year. Alternates are not banned, they just want them to be used in other games.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

JMU will be wearing all white tonight with what I believe is the 7th helmet version of the year. I'm assuming NDSU will be in Yellow/Green/Yellow after the helmet promo shots

15492330_10154191059418527_1686059006280

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

On 12/14/2016 at 11:35 AM, BRice16 said:

The school and the team have made many "calls to action" for volunteering and donations, including busloads of student-athletes going up to Gatlinburg with supplies and spending numerous hours serving the community there. UT was active in local fundraisers for the victims as well. 

But, by all means, make a judgment based on one graphic without having any idea on the rest of the story. 

OK then we agree that this was tone-deaf and in bad taste by the school to put themselves/nike front and center while omitting disaster relief efforts and neglecting mentioning any of the actual. We all make mistakes. I would appreciate it if you would post some links to those anecdotes you've mentioned as I don't think the national media has given the outreach activity the attention it deserves.

I guess I still kind of don't get how smoke gray uniforms are a tribute to those affected. To me that uniform conjures up the charred destruction that the fire wrought. To me at least, that gesture would not resonate with me in a positive way but then again I don't live in TN. To each their own I suppose.

3 minutes ago, DPV713 said:

Houston vs. SDSU is color-vs-color. White/Red/Red for the Cougars, Red/Black/Black for the Aztecs.

I dig it, mostly because I dig the identities of both teams.

Not bad, but white pants would look better for Houston. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Las Vegas Bowl should keep that logo, just add a landmark in place of the 25.

I think that the logo for years to come are on some of banners on the wall in the background. Looks like the shield is gone but most of it stays the same.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

21 hours ago, guest23 said:

OK then we agree that this was tone-deaf and in bad taste by the school to put themselves/nike front and center while omitting disaster relief efforts and neglecting mentioning any of the actual. We all make mistakes. I would appreciate it if you would post some links to those anecdotes you've mentioned as I don't think the national media has given the outreach activity the attention it deserves.

I guess I still kind of don't get how smoke gray uniforms are a tribute to those affected. To me that uniform conjures up the charred destruction that the fire wrought. To me at least, that gesture would not resonate with me in a positive way but then again I don't live in TN. To each their own I suppose.

What would you have had them do? Wearing a uniform to bring awareness to the destruction it caused and actually doing relief efforts is much better than anything you have done. Just saying you should probably get off your high horse. 

Archived