College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

I wasn't too fond of Oklahoma State's uniforms when they were revealed. I actually liked the Brandon Weedon-era (can't bring myself to label them Justin Blackman) uniforms that were just so simple they were great. But as the season went on, I came to like the new set. The paisley helmet was awful when they debuted them earlier, but I came to like them when they switched out the orange mask for a black one. The OSU-star logo was a fantastic choice this season. That logo on the white shell with black mask was easily my favorite look for the year. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

I wasn't too fond of Oklahoma State's uniforms when they were revealed. I actually liked the Brandon Weedon-era (can't bring myself to label them Justin Blackman) uniforms that were just so simple they were great. But as the season went on, I came to like the new set. The paisley helmet was awful when they debuted them earlier, but I came to like them when they switched out the orange mask for a black one. The OSU-star logo was a fantastic choice this season. That logo on the white shell with black mask was easily my favorite look for the year. 

*Blackmon*. Justin *Blackmon*.

4 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Damn it Tennessee had one job. Instead they go and screw it up with their hideous grey uniforms. Go with the tried and true.

They announced their intent to wear the "smoke" unis after the wildfires in the Smokies.

gYH2mW9.png

I personally don't like Michigan with pride stickers on their helmets. With as much space as the maize wings/wolverine stripe takes up, pride stickers just seem unnecessary.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

18 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I personally don't like Michigan with pride stickers on their helmets. With as much space as the maize wings/wolverine stripe takes up, pride stickers just seem unnecessary.

I don't either.  Especially considering how large the stickers are.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

For the Arizona Bowl, UA apparently did the bare minimum as far as prepping the field. Only saw highlights but I'm pretty sure only bowl logos on the field were on the jerseys. 

The bowl game logo was on the field on the opposite side of the 20 (they took off the Pac-12 logo that was on the other side)... how do I know? I actually watched part of the game.

46 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

The bowl game logo was on the field on the opposite side of the 20 (they took off the Pac-12 logo that was on the other side)... how do I know? I actually watched part of the game.

If I had realized it was on the American network I'd probably have watched some of it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

South Alabama broke out another new helmet design for that game. That marks the 11th different helmet design in 13 games, each of which had a different uniform combination.

The Jaguars wore the Jag head decals for the game, a somewhat throwback to their first bowl game in 2014.

2014                                                                                                                                   2016

2013-14 Bowl Game.jpg2016-12-30 vs Air Force, Arizona Bowl (2).jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Clemson confirms the all orange looks and the newest template:

Also, in the lead up to the playoff games, ESPN has been slowly rolling out new graphics, similar to their NFL coverage. Looks like each team got the 3D logo treatment.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

For the Arizona Bowl, UA apparently did the bare minimum as far as prepping the field. Only saw highlights but I'm pretty sure only bowl logos on the field were on the jerseys. 

I give them a pass, you cant paint over anything on that field as its all colored turf.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Clemson confirms the all orange looks and the newest template:

Also, in the lead up to the playoff games, ESPN has been slowly rolling out new graphics, similar to their NFL coverage. Looks like each team got the 3D logo treatment.

New template is confirmed. Ohio State posted the "classic white" uniforms will be worn tonight, in the new template with "less grab points."

Classic white refers to the "prime time" uniforms from the 60s with the wider stripes. They wore them against Alabama in 2014 and Oklahoma this year. 

Not it sure how to post like @BlackBolt3 did from the iPad, but here's the link: http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Buckeyes-to-wear-classic-whites-against-Clemson-50153119

Can a mod update?

54 minutes ago, H11K said:

I give them a pass, you cant paint over anything on that field as its all colored turf.

They could do what other schools like UTEP do and paint the field rather than stitch the logos in. That's why Boise can't just paint over the field. All turf is painted even green turf. I think Boise has replaced the turf twice since they started hosting the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

They could do what other schools like UTEP do and paint the field rather than stitch the logos in. That's why Boise can't just paint over the field. All turf is painted even green turf. I think Boise has replaced the turf twice since they started hosting the game.

But with the Big A in the middle, and the ghost lettering "BearDown" its almost not worth it to try and replace anything.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived