College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Pitt:

The sleeve stripes are great...but the number font is meh...where have we seen that number font before??  Looks really familiar, yet can't place it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Pitt:

The sleeve stripes are great...but the number font is meh...where have we seen that number font before??  Looks really familiar, yet can't place it.

Kinda looks like a skinnier version of Tennessee's former numbers (credit to Conrad):

vols-2013.png?w=788

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1 hour ago, TornadoGTS said:

Kinda looks like a skinnier version of Tennessee's former numbers (credit to Conrad):

Yes, good call.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Pitt:

It looks like a version of the font they used in the early 2000s

134388926.jpg

On April 29, 2016 at 6:47 PM, WSU151 said:

Pitt:

Almost looks Pittsburgh Pirates-ish.. Not a huge fan of the double outline, but it'd look good if they filed in that white space with the powder blue from the throwback.. Double-blue and gold color schemes just do something for me

6 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I personally didn't mind the brushed chrome (in a vacuum, anyway). I'm glad they're using their school colors now.

Consider me a fan of the brushed chrome, really worked in their application. I'd say this is a slight downgrade in a sense that we get a jersey with a pattern on the sleeve cap, something Nike has been doing a lot of lately. 

I would've liked to see a rework of the brushed chrome set done a little differently. Might be time for a concept.

An official photo from Rutgers. There is also red pants and an unreleased black alt.

The new secondary logo looks like something tons of high schools will be ripping off and recoloring, but it's not bad. The number font is thin, but it works.

The chain mail pattern is great. Rutgers has some pretty nice uniforms now. Good job Chris Ash for asking for new unis. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Admittedly, I was a big fan of their previous look (for the most part). But these are very nice. They didn't overdo it.

Double stripe on pants kinda bugs me now, and lack of TV #s in college always bugs me, but overall it looks great.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

42 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

ChkqnKKXEAAQ9hs.jpg:large

i wonder if they will keep the current helmets??

that last design lasted longer than i think anyone expected. but this is another turn in trend for football uniforms that just builds on the 2015 Nike designs. the previous Rutgers set was a Pro Combat clone, like many schools they saw that offering and wanted that aesthetic full time. so, this looks like a catalog order but look at the 180 they've done here. no patterns in the numbers, no special helmet finish (still not sure there) and no custom number font. its very much a modern take on traditional elements. like Nike's major designs of 2015, it's subtle in the details that set it apart (even for a catalog order) and very minimal in its approach. even being 1 of a million red/white schools, theres enough here to avoid confusion for another. its really not often you see a catalog order turn out this well, but i do hope those old helmets stick around

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On January 22, 2016 at 8:51 PM, MJWalker45 said:

That's a beautiful look for the Pokes. Glad to see a unified look after 3 different uniform tops the last few years. 

I dig Wyoming's new uniforms and I've always appreciated their unique color scheme.  Brown is a great color.  It disappoints me that some folks have hang ups with it.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived