College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2016 at 8:38 PM, Clintau24 said:

Pitt will have all new Unis this year not just for football but for all sports. Per reports last year, they will have 3 helmets   Gold/Blue/White  , same goes for jerseys and pants combos. And I guess there will be a 4th set of unis as a throwback as well.

And re-adoption of the script wordmark throughout the athletic department.

Pitt's AD recently commented on their merchandise provider.

"On the huge Nike deals for schools like Ohio State, Texas, Michigan and how Pitt can compete with that

Ohio State came after the incredible deal with Texas and then Michigan, those are huge broad-based programs, but there are opportunities. I’ll say this, there’s other players in the market that are trying to grow the market share and because the other players are trying to grow the market share. Because the other players are trying to grow the market share, they’re very aggressive in what they’re offering. So as we think about our opportunities down the line, we’ve got to look at aligning ourselves with a partner that can give us market and beyond the school our size and the league that we’re in. I believe that we have every opportunity to do very, very well when we come up to our next contract."

Cal coach Sonny Dykes has previously stated we would probably have a white helmet alternate similar to what many of our recruits posted on social media (pictured below).He also stated we SHOULD have a Joe Roth throwback ready for this upcoming season as well

CIXwPkNUcAAnNL4.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Cal coach Sonny Dykes has previously stated we would probably have a white helmet alternate similar to what many of our recruits posted on social media (pictured below).He also stated we SHOULD have a Joe Roth throwback ready for this upcoming season as well

CIXwPkNUcAAnNL4.jpg

Please let it be the blue one rather than the chrome lid

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

If they're gonna do chrome decals, it seems like they could do so much more than a one-color chrome decal.  A navy chrome decal with minor yellow highlights would be pretty slick.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, Saint Zephyr III said:

12510485_10208507286590203_3743415900479

Saw this from a colleague of mine; it seems like UTSA is prepping up an upgraded logo.

Good. The current one is getting really outdated. I like the helmet and facemask, though.But4CWpIEAAKkIi.jpg:large

Apparently all of Howard University's athletic programs except football have been outfitted by Under Armor for a few years now. With Russell's deal with the MEAC football teams ending, it may be safe to assume the Bison will make the jump to UA for the 2016 season. 

Hotter Than July > Thriller

17 hours ago, Saint Zephyr III said:

12510485_10208507286590203_3743415900479

Saw this from a colleague of mine; it seems like UTSA is prepping up an upgraded logo.

My friend is going to be pissed if they change. He just got a UTSA logo neon light a few months back. I guess he can consider it retro now.

6 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

Humble brag. My first D1 Nike photoshoot/design process. Glad to have helped out with the football guys since last April on these. Full gallery here: http://www.cstv.com/view.gal?id=189263&slide=0

Release video: https://twitter.com/wyo_football/status/690594356034580480

11630556.jpeg

11630553.jpeg

Not bad overall, but the panel on the pants is disappointing.  Traditional stripes on the helmet and jersey... why go away from it on the pants?

Archived