College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Take this with a grain of salt because I can offer exactly 0 proof, but I was speaking with a member of the Michigan athletic department the other day and she mentioned that nike was developing both a custom font and pattern for Michigan that were somehow unique to the school, but I have no idea in what capacity they will actually be used on the uniform. She also complained that they weren't allowed to make any new promotional material with any adidas gear in it. She said Nike was furiously working to finish just 1 football uniform so they could start taking promotional shots for the 2016 season, which means the earlier leak was likely a prototype.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, goblue123 said:

Take this with a grain of salt because I can offer exactly 0 proof, but I was speaking with a member of the Michigan athletic department the other day and she mentioned that nike was developing both a custom font and pattern for Michigan that were somehow unique to the school, but I have no idea in what capacity they will actually be used on the uniform. She also complained that they weren't allowed to make any new promotional material with any adidas gear in it. She said Nike was furiously working to finish just 1 football uniform so they could start taking promotional shots for the 2016 season, which means the earlier leak was likely a prototype.

Hopefully Nike doesn't over complicate this. Michigan should have one of the easiest uniforms in CFB to design.  

32 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Hopefully Nike doesn't over complicate this. Michigan should have one of the easiest uniforms in CFB to design.  

I don't see harbaugh allowing Nike to skrew with Michigan too much if at all.

36 minutes ago, williams said:

It looks like the same font as Rutgers' new uniforms

ChkqnKKXEAAQ9hs.jpg

It's similar, I'll give you that, but it's not quite the same. Look at the difference between this 2 and the Rutgers' 2:

image.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Portland State number font is 99% the same as the Astros' number font.  That's why it looks so similar (from Conrad's font file):

Houston2013Numbers.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

The athletic director & university president may overrule the coach and allow it. We don't know the full detail$ of Michigan's new deal with Nike/Jordan Brand.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Florida A&M makes deal with Nike

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/famu/2016/05/21/famu-athletics-secures-deal-nike/84714868/

The article says most of the conference (MEAC) moved to Nike. So far the only other MEAC schools to announce new deals are Delaware State (Nike) & Howard (Under Armour).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

7 hours ago, goblue123 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the new number font is similar to the throwback font. The pattern is probably sublimated bumblebee stripes, and it will be used for sports other than football, except for maybe on an alt.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, dont care said:

You mean the middle aged crazy man who sleeps over at recruits' houses?  

Yeah, he seems sane.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 5/22/2016 at 10:44 AM, aawagner011 said:

Inspiration and full number set. While I don't love the new numbers, I do think they're ok and I like the double outline since it reminds me of the Fitz drop shadow style.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Needs a stripe on the pants and a white outline on the numbers instead of that stupid double outline.

I wouldn't mind Pitt's uniforms if they either had a single number outline or none at all. The double outlines make the font look thin. Simply making the first outline from the numbers the same color as the number and it would be better. In other words, make the white outline on the road numbers navy and the navy outlines on the home gold.

Another thing that kinda bugs me is how loose and, dare I say, "careless" that Pitt script is (sort of like the Minnesota Twins throwback script), yet how blocky the numbers are. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Still with adidas this year.

26 minutes ago, YesterdayWasCool said:

Did UCLA go under armor?

Wisconsin's contract with adidas is done in about 40 days or so. We be seeing something soon. Definitely excited to see the shade or shades of cardinal Wisconsin runs out on September 3rd. 

Archived