College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Did the NCAA mandate number size on the front of the jerseys? Just wondering since that 1916 uniform would not actually have numbers on it if done correctly. 

Unless they have changed since these

image.jpeg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I'm surprised Prairie View A&M hasn't just spent the money to update a really bad logo.  Only reasons I can of why they haven't is they're too attached to it or just unwilling to do a logo change and/or rebrand due to cost.

While I don't think money is the reasons for the logos, it took until JUST THIS YEAR to get a real football stadium. 

27176491662_5085f8c0d2_b.jpg

And this is what the school had for 50 years before this:
627617-1.jpg

That was the home side... 

This was the visitor's side:
3268098941_357470040b.jpg?v=0

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Did the NCAA mandate number size on the front of the jerseys? Just wondering since that 1916 uniform would not actually have numbers on it if done correctly. 

right. yea im not sure on the current rules. i would assume based on what we've seen in the past, that a jersey number on the back (which this uniform surely would have had) would be enough. so its hard to pinpoint what this is all about exactly 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 6/5/2016 at 10:30 AM, aawagner011 said:

Possible Ohio State throwback. Looks awesome and looks lik it is on the new Oregon template from their bowl game. I don't know what the black tag is inside the collar. Almost looks like a third party manufacturer, made to Nike's specs? Similar to how Ripon has some of the NFL uniforms (non Elite 51) and they just slap a swoosh on them?

image.jpeg

i found another larger image, zoomed it in, and the best i can tell, the size tag is just like a normal Nike tag.. the black label above it is hard to make out..

it doesn't make any sense to me, but it appears to say "Music" in white, then it looks like "MANOR FIRE" in red below it... maybe one of you can make it out better than i can..

OSUthrowback.png

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

i found another larger image, zoomed it in, and the best i can tell, the size tag is just like a normal Nike tag.. the black label above it is hard to make out..

it doesn't make any sense to me, but it appears to say "Music" in white, then it looks like "MANOR FIRE" in red below it... maybe one of you can make it out better than i can..

OSUthrowback.png

On closer inspection, I think this says "Music Cannon Fire" which refers to Chic Harley. The design is from his era, and the jersey shown (#47) is the one Ohio State has retired in his honor.

James Thurber wrote (of Harley): “If you never saw him run with a football, we can’t describe it to you. It wasn’t like Red Grange or Tom Harmon or anybody else. It was kind of a cross between music and cannon fire, and it brought your heart up under your ears.”

3 hours ago, 29texan said:

While I don't think money is the reasons for the logos, it took until JUST THIS YEAR to get a real football stadium. 

Two questions. What's the capacity of Prairie View's new stadium? Grass or field turf?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, j'villejags said:

New Iowa State helmet --

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 7.36.59 PM.png

EDIT: Here's a better look at it:

CkTHR9XUgAAP4H4.jpg:large

YRHCAFTNGDTJRTE.20160606134014.JPG

And in the sunlight:

CkTI1JpUUAAGg-I.jpg:large

Wish the stripe stayed constant across the length of the helmet. But besides that small irritant, what a beauty 

16 hours ago, WavePunter said:

OSUthrowback.png

Sorry, if this has already been posted, but shouldn't the pants technically by khaki colored if they are going to be accurate?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xHjP1chJYqM/TG_iphmEGXI/AAAAAAAAAoU/od9_1OdKo-I/s1600/Ohio+State.jpg

Archived