11 hours ago, j'villejags said:

New Iowa State helmet --

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 7.36.59 PM.png

EDIT: Here's a better look at it:

CkTHR9XUgAAP4H4.jpg:large

YRHCAFTNGDTJRTE.20160606134014.JPG

And in the sunlight:

CkTI1JpUUAAGg-I.jpg:large

For consistency's sake, would anyone else love to see the tapered stripe be carried through to the pants and shoulders?  Hopefully, it wouldn't look too modern, and ISU's uniforms have great color combinations and striping.

Side note, glad they didn't go full NASCAR and put the school logo in the collar.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the tapered stripe would be a ice difference. I'd like it to take up the same area it is on the shoulders and thin out in the same area it touches at the back. Might have to see about how that would look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

Mmmmhmmm.  That WAS shmexy!

EDIT: Just saw the back of the helmet. I take it all back. I hate tapered stripes.

Tapered stripes aren't all bad:

DENVER_BRONCOS_MANNING_G2B_FOOTBALL_HELM

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

54 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Tapered stripes aren't all bad:

DENVER_BRONCOS_MANNING_G2B_FOOTBALL_HELM

I actually like tapered stripes, but that stripe has always annoyed me. I've always thought it would go better with the rest of their uniform if it were a single stripe.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I actually like tapered stripes, but that stripe has always annoyed me. I've always thought it would go better with the rest of their uniform if it were a single stripe.

i tend to agree, but i think it gets saved by the fact that only the single stripe is visible from the front..

30 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Tulane teased a new helmet on Twitter

CkWxkHyUkAEv7T6.jpg

I was just coming here to post this.....I really hope this sees the field and doesn't just end up as one of those concept helmets that ADs and coaches like to tease with that end up collecting dust on a shelf. The "Gumby" logo is such a fantastic old-school logo, IMO.

gYH2mW9.png

It's retro-gorgeous. Hope that thing gets some action.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

29 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

I was just coming here to post this.....I really hope this sees the field and doesn't just end up as one of those concept helmets that ADs and coaches like to tease with that end up collecting dust on a shelf. The "Gumby" logo is such a fantastic old-school logo, IMO.

Their AD tweeted it out so that gives me some hope that it's legit. 

6 hours ago, CLEstones said:

For consistency's sake, would anyone else love to see the tapered stripe be carried through to the pants and shoulders?  Hopefully, it wouldn't look too modern, and ISU's uniforms have great color combinations and striping.

Side note, glad they didn't go full NASCAR and put the school logo in the collar.

Very nice. I wonder why they use the gold outline on the "I" on the helmet but not on the numerals? Very strong in my opinion though.

1 hour ago, razorback447 said:

Their AD tweeted it out so that gives me some hope that it's legit. 

Not me, we've seen similar things tweeted out by coaches and other program insiders before that never hit the field. I'll be totally happy if it does....I'm just skeptical at the moment.

gYH2mW9.png

On 6/6/2016 at 2:20 PM, WavePunter said:

i found another larger image, zoomed it in, and the best i can tell, the size tag is just like a normal Nike tag.. the black label above it is hard to make out..

it doesn't make any sense to me, but it appears to say "Music" in white, then it looks like "MANOR FIRE" in red below it... maybe one of you can make it out better than i can..

OSUthrowback.png

Read on a PSU board that it was certainly appropriate to have prison bars on their uni.

Can't unsee it now.

1 minute ago, miketd1 said:

Read on a PSU board that it was certainly appropriate to have prison bars on their uni.

ow.

Can't unsee it n

1 minute ago, miketd1 said:

Can't unsee it now.

Pretty sure Penn State would know about prison outfits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived