College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as much as uniform as it is number selection... I'm watching the Senior Bowl and noticed an LSU player on the South team's number was 0. My first thought was "Man, that's really odd to see" but then I thought it was actually pretty unique and cool to see. I wouldn't mind seeing more college players being able to wear 0. Although if I remember, wasn't 0 and 00 "outlawed"?

Doesn't NCAA basketball allow players to wear zero and double zero? Seems a little odd NCAA football does not given how much freedom they allow with jersey numbers (i.e., defensive line wearing single digits and kickers wearing nineties)

Hotter Than July > Thriller

29 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Doesn't NCAA basketball allow players to wear zero and double zero? Seems a little odd NCAA football does not given how much freedom they allow with jersey numbers (i.e., defensive line wearing single digits and kickers wearing nineties)

One of my biggest pet peeves is kickers and punters wearing 90-99. Although in the same thought, defensive players wearing single digits doesn't bother me. I'd love to see more linebackers and even DEs wear 30-49. It's something about that number range I really like.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is kickers and punters wearing 90-99. Although in the same thought, defensive players wearing single digits doesn't bother me. I'd love to see more linebackers and even DEs wear 30-49. It's something about that number range I really like.

Seems like offensive lineman are the only players with a true restriction on their jersey numbers in college FB. Never seen anybody on the OL wear a number outside of 50-79.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Players can wear 0 and 00 in every NCAA sport other than football and volleyball. 

It's always nice to see how well different helmets match up against each other in the Senior Bowl practices. One that really stood out to me was Indiana's script helmet. That thing is a beauty and holds up nicely against the more classic lids. 

59398_spiufbvswku03f.jpg

Midway.png

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Firstly, these are not new jerseys...these are the old ones from the late 2000s.

But perhaps a sign of things to come? Georgia has used them quite a bit with recruiting season.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seems odd that they wouldn't at least try to put the new number font on these jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Firstly, these are not new jerseys...these are the old ones from the late 2000s.

But perhaps a sign of things to come? Georgia has used them quite a bit with recruiting season.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well he did play in the black pants era so I bet he's wanting to mix it up.

image.jpeg

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

12 hours ago, Midway said:

It's always nice to see how well different helmets match up against each other in the Senior Bowl practices. One that really stood out to me was Indiana's script helmet. That thing is a beauty and holds up nicely against the more classic lids. 

59398_spiufbvswku03f.jpg

I LOVE that script, but the IU looks better on the helmet. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

It's also being pounded from a bright white light directly overhead.. These could possibly look nice in a night game.. Granted, these pictures aren't doing them any favors, and I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm not going to pass too much judgement based solely on this

So technically this isn't a 2016 announcement, but there's been speculation that Wichita State will be reviving its football program. Now the school president has tweeted this picture.

CaTlqiwUsAAtW05.jpg

(What the hell are those purple waves)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

8 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Frost just said on new 27 live UCF has some tricks up our sleeve regarding uniforms. Nike new. #ChargeOn

Unless UCF is willing to pay for some custom Nike uniform, I'd be surprised if they got anything more than a Nike catalog order (even with Frost's ties to Nike via Oregon.)

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Unless UCF is willing to pay for some custom Nike uniform, I'd be surprised if they got anything more than a Nike catalog order (even with Frost's ties to Nike via Oregon.)

I have been informed by UCF folks on an AAC board that I frequent that the new uni's will be mostly black and grey with their traditional gold being used solely as an accent color. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, coogrfan said:

I have been informed by UCF folks on an AAC board that I frequent that the new uni's will be mostly black and grey with their traditional gold being used solely as an accent color. We'll see. 

That sounds pretty terrible.  The more gold the better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived