College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2016 at 6:55 PM, Gold Pinstripes said:

Penn State's in a strange place right now. Before the scandal, that uniform(and the Lion logo associated with the football program), symbolized winning, honor, and integrity. Since

the scandal, we've seen many countless video clips of both Sandusky and Paterno wearing PSU gear. Penn State's now in a tougher Big Ten Conference, and we don't know when they'll be contenders again, if ever. If the struggles continue, I definitely could see a subtle change in the uniform set. When legendary NFL linebacker Jack Ham was at PSU, the Nittany Lions not only had uniform numbers on the helmet, but a single stripe on the pants.          

A few more years and Penn State will once again regain upper echelon status. I'm certain the lingering memories of 2011 coupled with loss of schollies has hurt their record. 

9 minutes ago, uuh70 said:

more pics courtesy UCLA's twitter

Hide contents

ClbzmOAUgAAJ3Bs.jpg

ClbzmQIVAAAykDA.jpg

ClbzmfBUoAAE3IB.jpg

ClbzmSbUYAAXfOk.jpg

Looks good and as others have said that this looks like the standard template that Michigan & Wisconsin reverted back to after their experiences with tech-fit. It also looks like the same template some packers players wear with the shoulder inserts added which likely means this is a standard Ripon product.

So close to perfection, but the font's still wrong. And from the seam pattern, it looks like there's room for the stripes to loop all the way around the sleeves, which I wish they did.

All-in-all, though, it's not bad. I really disliked Adidas for a long time, but now that they're starting to phase out that hideous TechFit garbage and go back to making legitimate football uniforms, they aren't that bad anymore. Now if only they'd accept that sleeved basketball jerseys and Rev30 aren't any better than TechFit.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

19 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Looks good and as others have said that this looks like the standard template that Michigan & Wisconsin reverted back to after their experiences with tech-fit. It also looks like the same template some packers players wear with the shoulder inserts added which likely means this is a standard Ripon product.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or if there's a reason behind it, but it seems a little weird that these teams all went back to a standard template in their last year with Adidas.  Sad thing is they all look much better using the standard template.  All of Adidas "high tech" garbage made these teams look horrible.

4 hours ago, uuh70 said:

ClbAsLPUYAcKKva.jpg:large

Via UCLA's twitter.

Looks like Adidas finally got the stripes right...little too late though 

Beautiful

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived