College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

6 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Judging by this 2016 season ticket promo North Carolina Central University released on youtube earlier this month, they are sticking with Russell for their uniforms. In this video a few of their players are wearing Russell uniforms while doing walkthroughs. Seems like most teams would use a season ticket promo video to show off new uniforms. Also don't recall NCCU wearing the particular uniforms from the promo video at any point in the last couple seasons.

Hide contents

So far 3 MEAC schools have decided to leave Russell going into the 2016 season. Florida A&M and Delaware State have gone to Nike, while Howard has signed with Under Armour. We'll probably get more updates on MEAC uniforms after July 1st.

Those are some of the worst uniforms in all of football. Didn't expect anything better from Russell 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/23/2016 at 10:00 AM, Huntr said:

Still waiting for the Michigan Wolverines unveiling new Nike (Jumpman) uniforms.  Do you know the exact date?

Oh I totally forgot about this.

If there's any UM fans on this board what do yall feel about a basketball logo plastered on one of the most iconic sets in all college ball?

I just can't wrap my mind around how the Michigan brain trust thought this made any sense.  It's just bizarre, truly.

11 hours ago, Derek94 said:

If there's any UM fans on this board what do yall feel about a basketball logo plastered on one of the most iconic sets in all college ball?

I just can't wrap my mind around how the Michigan brain trust thought this made any sense.  It's just bizarre, truly.

What's worse: Having your team outfitted by Nike with the Jordan logo, or your team's unis designed by Adidas? It's not even close. 

11 hours ago, Derek94 said:

Hopefully they go just with the wordmark, but it is TTUN so it will give the rest of the world something to laugh at when it's the Jumpman logo instead. Even North Carolina use the swoosh on their football jerseys. It'd be like the NFL using it on all of their football jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Miami Ohio got rid of that ugly template finally:

Cl9kIG6VEAAMgRy.jpg

Cl9kIHUVAAAdzgy.jpg

Cl9kIbdUoAAoSj7.jpg

Cl9kIopVEAEY5jf.jpg

Two things of note here: They are using two very interesting helmets. The white helmet has a red stripe in the back for some odd reason and the red helmet is two tone with a fade to white at the bottom. I actually like this for the white jerseys but it looks out of place on the red jerseys

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

So having a red stripe on a white helmet is odd, but having a white stripe on a red helmet that also fades to white isn't?

Im talking about the red stripe above the Riddell; it looks like it curves around to the front also but the chin straps are in the way

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

2 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Miami Ohio got rid of that ugly template finally:

Cl9kIG6VEAAMgRy.jpg

Cl9kIHUVAAAdzgy.jpg

Cl9kIbdUoAAoSj7.jpg

Cl9kIopVEAEY5jf.jpg

Two things of note here: They are using two very interesting helmets. The white helmet has a red stripe in the back for some odd reason and the red helmet is two tone with a fade to white at the bottom. I actually like this for the white jerseys but it looks out of place on the red jerseys

Is it me or do they have a different font for the numbers on the back of the helmet vs the jersey numbers? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

9 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Is it me or do they have a different font for the numbers on the back of the helmet vs the jersey numbers? 

The font on the jersey numbers is new. The number font on the helmet matches the font from the prior jerseys.

18 hours ago, Derek94 said:

I don't really have a problem with it. It might be a little weird, but I'm sure we'll get used to it over the next year. The Jumpman brand should come with an increase in quality which is far more important than the logo of the brand. 

9 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I don't really have a problem with it. It might be a little weird, but I'm sure we'll get used to it over the next year. The Jumpman brand should come with an increase in quality which is far more important than the logo of the brand. 

I'm really curious to see how this pans out. Nike has dabbled with jordan footwear in baseball and football in the past but I don't think they have ever made a real commitment to marketing a secondary brand across either sport. Are they going to attempt to do a full line that includes footwear, training gear etc with unique designs or is this just a logo swap for licensed retail merchandise? Looking at the jordan sponsored hoops teams over the last decade or so, outside of unc I don't think there's another program where having a jumpman was deemed a marketing advantage over the swoosh. There's a good chance that after a few years they abandon the experiment and football goes back to plain old nike.

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Hopefully they go just with the wordmark, but it is TTUN so it will give the rest of the world something to laugh at when it's the Jumpman logo instead. Even North Carolina use the swoosh on their football jerseys. It'd be like the NFL using it on all of their football jerseys. 

Jordan Brand doesn't supply the football team anything. Jordan only services the basketball team, hence why the Michigan deal is so intriguing. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

45 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Jordan Brand doesn't supply the football team anything. Jordan only services the basketball team, hence why the Michigan deal is so intriguing. 

Lol.  There's gotta be a better way to say that.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived