College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

382.gif

The rumored game mentioned a few posts ago is a night game.

I'm moving us to DEFCON 3 for powered, lighted uniform elements from Oregon. Halfway to doomsday.

Edit: And it's an ESPN game.

9 hours ago, uuh70 said:

Well Oregon is THE Nike school so what if its an OVO X Oregon collab uniform.  All gold with green accents.

Lol  Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to uniforms

future-college-football-jerseys-cropped.

Get ready for this in ten years.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

23 hours ago, Webfooter said:

In a later tweet, Pharaoh Brown said the uniforms he was talking about would likely be worn in their 2nd game, against Virginia.

In each of the last 3 seasons they've worn yellow in their second home game of the season, so perhaps this yellow jersey that was leaked a while back could be the one set to be worn against Virginia:

image.jpeg

Just speculating based on their color choices in past seasons, and if true, I would expect some sort of new and flashy helmet to go along with it.

EDIT: Oregon released its color schedule today which shows yellow as the color for fans to wear to the game against Virginia. This doesn't necessarily mean they're going to wear yellow jerseys for the game but it's certainly a strong possibility. Here's the full schedule in case anyone is wondering:

image.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

In each of the last 3 seasons they've worn yellow in their second home game of the season, so perhaps this yellow jersey that was leaked a while back could be the one set to be worn against Virginia:

image.jpeg

Just speculating based on their color choices in past seasons, and if true, I would expect some sort of new and flashy helmet to go along with it.

EDIT: Oregon released its color schedule today which shows yellow as the color for fans to wear to the game against Virginia. This doesn't necessarily mean they're going to wear yellow jerseys for the game but it's certainly a strong possibility. Here's the full schedule in case anyone is wondering:

image.jpeg

I wonder why the number font is different from the logo in some cases. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

1 hour ago, Uglybus said:

I wonder why the number font is different from the logo in some cases. 

It's only on the black games (white is just a better contrast), AND in Colorado. Not sure why the green/yellow difference unless it's just a typo

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 7/19/2016 at 6:58 PM, LEWJ said:

Really...?

Tell me you're not actually taking sides with chrome helmets.

Also, I think his point was fairly clear. Who knows what the actual number is (and quite frankly, who cares), the fact is that chrome helmets are not unique in the slightest (they might have been 5+ years ago), and you are definitely in the minority when it comes to favoring chrome helmets.

I don't think any of us will mind if you sit back and lurk a little longer.

Wow, nice roll ... I hope that was a release for you, especially seeing that everything you said was wrong.  I'll explain below, but first this:

Obviously I was very VERY wrong about the number of schools that’ve sported chrome domes. Tried to figure out how I’d missed so many ... couple reasons: 1) most teams wear them just once a year, 2) they’re pretty new, at least as a trend. Ducks were first of course in the 2012 Rose Bowl, 3) I live in Seattle so I'm a sitting Duck (errr...) for all the local TV sports stations' overstatements and exaggerations   I found the specific Huskies’ claim to fame, however dubious: “On September 28 against Arizona, the Huskies debuted the first full-chrome helmet among major-college programs.”  I don't think 'full-chrome helmet design’ was as unique as they thought, but September 28 is early, so they beat Baylor, Indiana and Kentucky's first chromes later that season.  I think Memphis and maybe Michigan State came sooner, though.  

Okay, your post:

1.  I do NOT like the chrome helmets, never did. My initial reaction was the UW one might be a rules violation. They look cool, but they're bad for the game. Although I might support them if, say, only kickers and punters were allowed to wear them 

2.  They're not "5+ years old," they're four years old, and in year 1 there were just a few, 4 maybe 5 (don't quote me on that) 

3.  I'm "in the minority favoring" them. Wrong again. They are very popular, in fact I saw two schools where fans were petitioning for them.

4.  I should go back to lurking. I DO NOT LURK, sir. I either contribute to a thread, or I post nonsensical thoughts. There's no middle ground.

One thing these boards have taught me is I'm much better in person, easier to understand. If I p'd you off, I'm sorry. I never mean anything negative I say ... I mean it all in a satirical-deadpan kinda way, in a Bob&Ray,SpinalTap, ChristopherGuestmovie,StephenColbert,PhilHendrie kinda way. So there you go. Gawd I hate when people post this kind of crap about themselves ... is there an 'Ignore' feature on this board, I'm gonna list me.

wS7MJ6T.png

4 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

We're getting uniform information from "Pudding in A Cup".

What a time to be alive. 

I strive to be a source of uniform news as well as your daily calcium needs.

Archived