College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

This was UVA Equipment's reply to the "new helmet" post by SB nation. Nothing to see here, just a mini-helmet with the logo of one of their trainers. Probably given as a gift from the coaching staff or (by the look of it) the players. Either way, it was created by someone with no eye for design or just no eyes at all.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That is pretty nice.  I'll be interested to see what the blue jersey looks like. (I assume there will be mix and match options, but for some reason SMU is one of the few teams I don't mind multiple options for.)

But is that Michigan State's font again?

It appears to be Ohio State Uniforms with Michigan State numbers

IMG_3019.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

IowaWesternBanner.png

Not sure what all the questions are about with this new helmet... Seems pretty straightforward.. Normal logos will be applied as usual, chin strap is pretty standard, typical nose bumper, etc... Sure the technology inside is a bit different, and the distinguishing curves and flares are in vicis-specific locations, but from a basic looks standpoint, this is a pretty normal helmet..

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

As a proud graduate of the Ohio State University, I'm fine with SMU stealing that look.  This is the only uniform tOSU needs;

59400_h_0.jpg?itok=wtFjjR2d

Agree a billion times. 

A billion. 

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Not sure what all the questions are about with this new helmet... Seems pretty straightforward.. Normal logos will be applied as usual, chin strap is pretty standard, typical nose bumper, etc... Sure the technology inside is a bit different, and the distinguishing curves and flares are in vicis-specific locations, but from a basic looks standpoint, this is a pretty normal helmet..

The outer shell of the helmet flexes, and we don't know what that's going to do to the decal. 

6 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The outer shell of the helmet flexes, and we don't know what that's going to do to the decal. 

N1ooQ31.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

N1ooQ31.png

I'm more worried about the helmet flexing in the direction parallel to the sticky surface of the decal and flying off like one of those Command strips.

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Are the new Michigan jerseys NNOB?

Just for retail. Ohio State has names on the back for alumni, I'd think Michigan would do the same. Might be a strange NCAA rule because Harbaugh is coaching though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

How so, the gray facemask?  This is just the practice facility so who knows.

To the best of my knowledge most teams use the same endzone design on their main practice field as they do in their stadium endzones, with the exception that the background color isn't painted in. In this case i think there is no BG color and that's what the U's endzones will look like at least at some point this season 

Unless they are doing something new at the renovated Dolphins Stadium (or whatever the name is these days), I doubt that's any indicator of the field design for the U. Since they share the field with the Dolphins, both teams have strayed away from any unique designs and have used plain Miami text in each endzone. It's very similar to what the Steelers and Pitt have done.

Not sure why they would have a gray facemask on the helmet.  We've never seen Miami use the gray facemask with the modern wordmark.  Might have to do something with the smoke gray (but maybe even that was more promoted by Nike)?  If it was just normal painting of a practice field, I'd imagine they'd paint the facemask white to match the current helmets.

EDIT: after searching on Google, I guess they've had this helmet on the practice field since at least 2014.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived