College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pianoknight said:

Are those only practice pants? They look... glutey.

Adidas Designer- "By making a "U"  under the ass, we reflect on the past behind us, by making the design wrap around towards the front of the legs, we look towards the future in front of us."

On August 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM, djam2410 said:

possible new hideous helmet for virginia football 

Co9eerYXEAAx4Jh.jpg

It had something to do with their strength coach I believe.  We made the mini helmet tinted visors for the company that supplied UVA with the minis.

I didn't realize that UVA helmet has Ultron inside the V. Nice work, Marvel Licensing!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, dont care said:

They do, but ripping will be a bigger problem than what already exist.

I highly doubt it.. The more flex and "give" you have, the less the decals rip and tear.. I think this is much ado about nothing.. Someone mentioned smaller decals as well.. Not sure why that would be needed either.. Regular .20 mil vinyl decals on these helmets will be just fine.. Plus the ripping problem is hardly even a problem.. I typically replace maybe 5 decals a year during the season.. With roughly 100 guys having decals (200 total decals) and playing an 11-game session with only 1 helmet, that's pretty durable.. I don't think a new "flexier" helmet will change anything, especially something that's not a problem currently..

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm sure we can all agree that good looking football helmets with proper sized and applied decals are significantly more important than preventing traumatic brain damage.

Wait... what?

I said I was just CURIOUS on how they will be applied! :) They could wear leather helmets with no decals if it means healthier lives!

33 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I said I was just CURIOUS on how they will be applied! :) They could wear leather helmets with no decals if it means healthier lives!

I don't see any reason why they will be handled any differently.. I would imagine the same size and type of decal will be applied in the same manner as on all other helmets, and I don't foresee any adverse health effects as a result..

14 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Are those only practice pants? They look... glutey.

These are Adidas practice pants.. They're meant to be worn without pads and they stop above the knee.. As odd as it looks, that's actually how they're supposed to be.. I'm not sure why they wouldn't just wear shorts

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

These are Adidas practice pants.. They're meant to be worn without pads and they stop above the knee.. As odd as it looks, that's actually how they're supposed to be.. I'm not sure why they wouldn't just wear shorts

I think he was talking about how there is a green "U" made on the back of the pants to give the impression of ass-less chaps 

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Georgetown Hoyas new football uniforms: 

5.PNG

Those silver helmets are near perfect, and I really wish those were the only ones they had. The blue one is pretty good too, but you can't beat that silver helmet. That's one of the things I don't like about mixing and matching, sometimes you just have one look that is so obviously superior to all the others, but you make a dozen more anyway. Mixing and matching is fine, but quality > quantity every time.

Archived