College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

10 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Those silver helmets are near perfect, and I really wish those were the only ones they had. The blue one is pretty good too, but you can't beat that silver helmet. That's one of the things I don't like about mixing and matching, sometimes you just have one look that is so obviously superior to all the others, but you make a dozen more anyway. Mixing and matching is fine, but quality > quantity every time.

I can't stand it when teams have multiple helmets but no consistency. The G logo looks awesome on a helmet, why not use it on both? Why not use metal flake paint on both?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/3/2016 at 3:59 PM, upperV03 said:

I decided to mock up the new green Oregon jersey that was leaked awhile ago to get a better idea of how it will look on the field (Credit for the template goes to aawagner011 and the helmet and pants are just to give a good idea of a possible combination with the new jersey):

Ducks2016.png

As a quick reminder, here's the jersey that I'm talking about:

DucksJerseyLeak.jpg

I just can't get behind the Duck on the shoulders. Terrible execution IMO. This would be a top 5 look if those were shoulder numbers instead or if the stripes were ditched and the Duck was moved to the caps. 

What is with almost every team using that Michigan State font?  There's got to be other fonts that Nike offers that would look just as good.

As for Georgetown's helmets, really like the both of them, especially the silver one.

Here's a shot of the new USC set, where you can sort of see the collar trim pattern, as well as the new font. I consider the font a downgrade. The Trojans had a classic look before, and while they still look like USC, it's just not as nice. I will miss their diagonal 2 and the straight serif on the 1.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Derek94 said:

My one gripe with Nike is their insistence on adding the collar logo.  I don't think there's any left with a blank collar.

Penn St and now USC are the most unnecessary additions. 

USC has had a collar logo for more than a decade.

And, I respectfully disagree, as the collar often looks like it's missing something when it doesn't have on logo - Michigan is a prime example.

4 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

USC has had a collar logo for more than a decade.

And, I respectfully disagree, as the collar often looks like it's missing something when it doesn't have on logo - Michigan is a prime example.

It seems forced on Penn State but works for USC.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Derek94 said:

My one gripe with Nike is their insistence on adding the collar logo.  I don't think there's any left with a blank collar.

Penn St and now USC are the most unnecessary additions. 

I think I prefer the collar logo to a script mark 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I would also prefer to have a logo on the chest. I claimed years ago that Ole Miss looked entirely too empty when they didn't place a logo there. Lacking a logo just felt cheap to me.

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fc

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

As an alum, those black uniforms are awful, but the Olive and Sky Blue versions are one hundred percent pick up a lady after a night of Flaming Dr. Peppers at the Goldmine Sexy Hotness.

Archived