College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

I just do not understand UA's insistence on putting something in that space at the bottom of the pants. It doesn't add to the design in any capacity.

All it is at this point is a stamp, an identifier of the manufacturer...something that is unique to Under Armour. Same thing with the Nike Flywire collars and the Adidas tire tread. You can look at it and quickly know it's an Under Armour product.

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

All it is at this point is a stamp, an identifier of the manufacturer...something that is unique to Under Armour. Same thing with the Nike Flywire collars and the Adidas tire tread. You can look at it and quickly know it's an Under Armour product.

One thing I am NOT looking forward to when Cal moves to UA next year 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

On August 7, 2016 at 8:37 PM, walkerws said:

Kent State has gone to a consistent uniform font and number for all their UA teams it seems. Not sure about the quad stripe. I'm assuming it's a single color jersey but there might be gold shoulder caps. 

image.jpeg

Here's a good look:

Just about anything is an upgrade. These look very nice. Pretty similar to Toledo's uniforms too.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

They had a nice basic looking uniform last year, I don't see a reason to look like Toledo. If they had gone back to a Eric Wilkerson era (think 1980's Chargers) look I think it would be a step forward with the K bird staying instead of the lightning bolts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Here's a shot of the new Vicis zero1 helmet in action.

New vapor untouchable practice jerseys for Oregon can be seen here as well, although that's not really anything noteworthy. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

46 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Here's a shot of the new Vicis zero1 helmet in action.

Aren't these helmets supposed to be the only helmets worn throughout the year for safety reasons? Oregon surely isn't only gonna wear white helmets all year.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 minute ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Aren't these helmets supposed to be the only helmets worn throughout the year for safety reasons? Oregon surely isn't only gonna wear white helmets all year.

Washington is only wearing one helmet all year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, LEWJ said:

Here's a good look:

Just about anything is an upgrade. These look very nice. Pretty similar to Toledo's uniforms too.

Meh. They really didn't improve their look. The consistent fonts are a good thing but I actually like the practice numbers better. If you're going to color the caps, don't quit there.  

8 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

The "only one helmet for safety reasons" excuse is ridiculous.. It's not difficult to fit a helmet, especially with some of the new methods for sizing.. The most difficult part is adjusting the chinstrap, but that can simply be removed and put into another helmet..

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The "only one helmet for safety reasons" excuse is ridiculous.. It's not difficult to fit a helmet, especially with some of the new methods for sizing.. The most difficult part is adjusting the chinstrap, but that can simply be removed and put into another helmet..

I thought they were only wearing one helmet because of the cost of the helmets?

Archived