College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like both Washington and Oregon have turned in their Vicis Zero1 helmets because of fit and comfort issues.  Main issues were excessive pressure on the forehead (which caused some players to get migraines and nausea), unreliable chinstrap retention, and players saying the helmets were "heavy and stiff."  Both schools have reverted back to older style helmets

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/08/oregon_ducks_no_longer_wearing.html

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/vicis-pulls-its-helmets-from-uw-huskies-citing-fit-and-comfort-issues/

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/uw-uo-football-teams-temporarily-pull-high-tech-vicis-helmets-due-comfort-complaints/

On 8/16/2016 at 7:52 PM, aawagner011 said:

That Carolina set looks like it is straight out of the 80s or 90s. Also wasn't the Pitt throwback more of a dark yellow, mustard color? That throwback is pure banana colored yellow.

Edit- there's no way the yellows are the same! The blue is fine, but yikes, that's highlighter level yellow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edit two- maybe they used a few different shades over the years. Here's one that looks the same as the new throwbacks. I prefer the mustard shade, personally.

image.jpeg

80s Pitt was one of my favs

21 hours ago, ramsker said:

It's looking more and more likely that Nebraska will wear some sort of cream colored alternate at some point during the year. School colors are technically Scarlet and Cream, but white has always been used for football jerseys. A lot of the official sideline gear for coaches/players have red, white, and cream options. 

CqBH0w4UAAEXMs0.jpg:large

Nebraska basketball had a cream alternate last year, and everyone loved it. So this seems like a good idea. 

565e7a6f271c2.image.jpg

I think going for a more old school looking alternate will work out a lot better than the quasi-futuristic look that Adidas has tried for with Nebraska in the past.

Maybe not a cream alt, but a red one with cream accents instead of white.

29 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

untitled.png

untitled1.png

Such a downgrade. The sleeve horns are almost as tacky as Adidas' wing design for all their bird teams. The white home numbers and sleeve horns don't go well with the gold horns on the helmet. The stupid pants wordmark is stupid. And mono-green is also stupid. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Such a downgrade. The sleeve horns are almost as tacky as Adidas' wing design for all their bird teams. The white home numbers and sleeve horns don't go well with the gold horns on the helmet. The stupid pants wordmark is stupid. And mono-green is also stupid. 

They do have a gold pants option. 

CqFI3jHWEAA6s_J.jpg

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The new Colorado St unis are decent, in my opinion. I would prefer to see the same style of horn used on the sleeves and helmets for some continuity. And, surprisingly, the thigh stamp doesn't really bother me here. I'm not really sure why. I typically don't care for it.

gYH2mW9.png

8 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

80s Pitt was one of my favs

It is strange how Pitt combined styles for this latest uniform set. The mustard color was used by the great Pitt teams of the 70s and early 80s, while the yellow shade was in the mid 80s, after the program declined. The gray facemask was from the 70s, the yellow version was in the 80s.

5 minutes ago, jdukie said:

Looks like Notre dame has changed the number font on their jerseys going to a more narrow font. 

13995608_1331227036906839_511662284170604317_o.jpg

Yes, expect to see this with all ND teams. The school released them in a new set of athletics brand standards this offseason, which also included a standardized interlocking ND.

http://onmessage.nd.edu/athletics-branding/

25 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Does Fanatics ever sell game jerseys that are in colors the teams don't wear? I'm trying to decide if I should be concerned or not by this new addition to the Arkansas section. 

http://m.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Jerseys/Arkansas_Razorbacks_Nike_Number_16_Game_Football_Jersey_-_Anthracite

Spent some time browsing other teams. Nothing out of the ordinary from what I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if it is a leak of some sorts.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

39 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Does Fanatics ever sell game jerseys that are in colors the teams don't wear? I'm trying to decide if I should be concerned or not by this new addition to the Arkansas section. 

http://m.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Jerseys/Arkansas_Razorbacks_Nike_Number_16_Game_Football_Jersey_-_Anthracite

13 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Spent some time browsing other teams. Nothing out of the ordinary from what I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if it is a leak of some sorts.

I would think that's a "fashion" jersey. They've had a black one for LSU in past years....and they have this one on there currently:

ff_2201629_full.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

I would think that's a "fashion" jersey. They've had a black one for LSU in past years....and they have this one on there currently:

ff_2201629_full.jpg

Hopefully that's the case. Bielema has said in the past that he would be open to one alternate jersey per year which made me think that picture could be legit. We did that in his first and second years but not last year. I was hoping we would go more of the throwback route again if we did an alternate rather than back to anthracite. 

Archived