College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That is a terrible terrible jersey...

But I can't help it.  When it comes to college sports, I do love me some cartoon mascots!

I agree the jersey is terrible, but it would have looked better if they used the Eyes only on the arms instead of that stupid patch:

cincinnati_bearcats-eyes.jpg

spacer.png

21 hours ago, jdukie said:

Looks like Notre dame has changed the number font on their jerseys going to a more narrow font. 

13995608_1331227036906839_511662284170604317_o.jpg

21 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

Yes, expect to see this with all ND teams. The school released them in a new set of athletics brand standards this offseason, which also included a standardized interlocking ND.

http://onmessage.nd.edu/athletics-branding/

I'd love to get a closer look at the numbers, but I like them. They're unique, yet classic, and they match the updated ND logo. The crossbars of the numbers don't all line up, but there's still a consistent reason, unlike Michigan's random 5. The 2, 3, and 8 are all centered, while the 5 and 6 are slightly above center, and the 9 is slightly below.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MCH925 said:

Vicis is pulling their Zero1 helmets from UDub because of comfort and fitting and problems. The Huskies will go back to using their Riddell helmets.

Source: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article96325912.html

Bummer. I was looking forward to seeing them in action AND to seeing only gold helmets all year long. Hope they at least keep the ONLY GOLD look.

Would love for their only looks to be these. Build back the brand with consistency.

Husky2016.jpg

55 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The Cincinnati uniform looks fine. Not the greatest, but also not the worst. I'd like to assume it gets a helmet with the cartoon bearcat on it.

They have a cartton version in a basketball uniform, I'd love to see a football jersey style logo similar to Minnesota's logo. I'd also like to see Minnesota do that with their gopher.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They have a cartton version in a basketball uniform, I'd love to see a football jersey style logo similar to Minnesota's logo. I'd also like to see Minnesota do that with their gopher.

Are you talking about the one on the bottom: 

image.jpeg

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

I've got to say that I really like the larger logo for UCF. It's an upgrade IMO. 

Also, did they have the silver option last year or is that one new?

aCaoOZk.jpg

All these helmets are new designs for this year. UCF had different designs for their black and white helmets during the previous seasons.

On August 17, 2016 at 11:06 AM, aawagner011 said:
There are rumors UGA will have red road pants versus Missouri in week three. I can't verify this yet but...

Here's a mockup I did. Looks really nice. I hope they do it like the black pants from a number of years ago where it still has the red, white, and black stripe. Basically one of the stripes is hidden and blends into the pants color.

xkxbw1.png 

aptopix-georgia-florida-football-2009-10

Just out of curiosity where are you hearing the rumors? I'm in Athens and this is the first I've heard of it.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

UCF actually has 4 helmet options - white, gold, black, and anthracite/grey. That's one too many to me.

The first 3 are really the only ones they need.  The anthracite one is an option that sounds cool in theory to them but looks entirely random and overkill to everyone else.

On August 17, 2016 at 10:06 AM, aawagner011 said:
There are rumors UGA will have red road pants versus Missouri in week three. I can't verify this yet but...

Here's a mockup I did. Looks really nice. I hope they do it like the black pants from a number of years ago where it still has the red, white, and black stripe. Basically one of the stripes is hidden and blends into the pants color.

xkxbw1.png 

aptopix-georgia-florida-football-2009-10

That Florida guy looks like Aaron Rodriquez.

Archived