buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

The 2015 season is just a few days from being over, so it's that time of year again to start fresh. Obviously any news and notes that have already been accumulated for next season can kick things off.

Kent State will drop Nike for Under Armour. I expect very little to change in their actual look. Paul Haynes returned so the only changes might be the pink accessories and a homecoming helmet.

Not sure when Wisconsin will be unveiling any of their new stuff but as of July 1st, they are with UA.

Oregon will likely unveil a full new set that follows the design of the white and dark grey uniforms that have already been unveiled.

Rumor is that Under Armor is trying to get every collegiate program in the state of Maryland under it's banner. They already have Maryland, Navy and Towson. Most recently I've heard that the state's HBCUs (Morgan State, Coppin State, Maryland-Eastern Shore & Bowie State) will all be making the jump from Russell to UA in the next year.

I believe I posted a link about the MEAC schools in Maryland joining UA in the 2015 thread.

As of right now I have no clue what supplier Maryland's other programs are with. I'm pretty sure Johns Hopkins is with Nike though.

SN: Is every college program in the state of Oregon signed with Nike? I know the Ducks, Beavers and Portland State are. No clue about the others.

Edited by 4_tattoos

If Montana continues its 3 year uniform cycles, they will have new home uniforms. New road uniforms will come in 2017 (if 3 year cycle continues)

Rumor is that Under Armor is trying to get everything collegiate program in the state of Maryland under it's banner. They already have Maryland, Navy and Towson. Most recently I've heard that the state's HBCUs (Morgan State, Coppin State, Maryland-Eastern Shore & Bowie State) will all be making the jump from Russell to UA in the next year.

I believe I posted a link about the MEAC schools in Maryland joining UA in the 2015 thread.

As of right now I have no clue what supplier Maryland's other programs are with. I'm pretty sure Johns Hopkins is with Nike though.

SN: Is every college program in the state of Oregon signed with Nike? I know the Ducks, Beavers and Portland State are. No clue about the others.

The three schools you mentioned in Oregon are the only D1 schools (FBS and FCS) in the state so no others need to be locked up by Nike.

Rumor is that Under Armor is trying to get everything collegiate program in the state of Maryland under it's banner. They already have Maryland, Navy and Towson. Most recently I've heard that the state's HBCUs (Morgan State, Coppin State, Maryland-Eastern Shore & Bowie State) will all be making the jump from Russell to UA in the next year.

UA also has UMBC and Loyola (MD). Hopkins is Nike, but they are only D1 in lax. I'm sure UA wants them too.

UA is also going to go after any big name school that needs to sign a new contract.

Scott Frost has stated last names will be on the back of UCF jersey's. I don't know if there is a jersey/helmet overhaul coming or not. But there will be names on them for the first time since George O'Leary took them off I believe after the 2004 season.

FWIW, I've read on Oklahoma State forums that the Cowboys will get new uniforms for 2016, but I can't confirm it. It would make sense because they've had the current unis since the 2011 season.

Webfooter... Oregon has no schools in Divisions 2 or 3?

But in the hierarchy of college football, really no one but alumni of those schools care about their football programs inside or outside the state.

I'm interested in seeing what template Michigan uses. Will they take the newest Nike has to offer, or will they continue like they did with Adidas and take the most basic option available? Also, will they keep this year's road uniform or update it to something new?

I'm interested in seeing what template Michigan uses. Will they take the newest Nike has to offer, or will they continue like they did with Adidas and take the most basic option available? Also, will they keep this year's road uniform or update it to something new?

As nice as the new seamless look is, I would imagine Michigan going with the speed machine template, but Jordan-ized.. Idk why, but the vapor untouchable doesn't seem as Jordan-y to me..

Please for the love of god let WVU get new uniforms!!!!

Or at least a new number font.

They could start with cutting out the black sleeves on the navy jersey. It's despicable.