Best Possible Super Bowl 50 Uni Matchup

Cardinals-Bengals....?? Cmon obvious choice... Kidding. Even though Im a cards fan, we need to bring back the traditional set. This may be the worst possible uniform matchup. But Go Cards!

31C91Er.jpg

You got the teams right, but the worst possible uniform matchup would be the one we'd probably see if both teams made it to the Super Bowl: Bengals in black vs Cardinals in white.

Cardinals look better in white than in red IMO.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised the Panthers uniforms are in here so much. They're probably in my bottom 5. They needed to be refreshed with the Nike rebrand, as the logo did.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would assume it may have to do with color contrast. That particular blue just looks really great against most color options. And against the Chiefs' red and gold? Hoooo boy, that's a great color matchup.

Then again, both the Chiefs and Panthers are in my top five favorite football uniforms of all-time (Chiefs being #1), so there might be some bias speaking. But I do truly think Carolina's colors naturally contrast very well against most teams.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm surprised the Panthers uniforms are in here so much. They're probably in my bottom 5. They needed to be refreshed with the Nike rebrand, as the logo did.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would assume it may have to do with color contrast. That particular blue just looks really great against most color options. And against the Chiefs' red and gold? Hoooo boy, that's a great color matchup.

Then again, both the Chiefs and Panthers are in my top five favorite football uniforms of all-time (Chiefs being #1), so there might be some bias speaking. But I do truly think Carolina's colors naturally contrast very well against most teams.

Yeah the colors are really unique, and I figured that was the reason. Vikings and Chiefs are my pick for the same reason.

My Top 5

1a Steelers black vs Panthers

1b Steelers white vs Panthers

2 Chiefs vs Panthers

3a Chiefs vs Seattle gray pants

3b Chiefs vs Seattle white pants

3c Chiefs vs Seatte blue pants

4 Steelers black vs Vikings

5 Chiefs vs Vikings

Other interesting games:

That double bright face mask Skins vs Pats.

All Native American Bowl.

Super Bowl I rematch.

No, their unis are great. Other than removing the hip logos and maybe changing the helmet stripe, their uniforms are perfect. They could pair the silver pants with the white jerseys, but that's about it.

Also, is anybody else completely over the Texans' uniforms? They're not bad, they just look totally uninspired and bland. It started downhill for them when they stopped wearing red socks on the road. Then they started doing monochrome crap semi-regularly. Also, I think they were one of the hardest-hit of teams in the Nike change. The faded navy, the gigantic clown collars. The logo is great and so is JJ Watt. That's about all that's worth mentioning.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No, their unis are great. Other than removing the hip logos and maybe changing the helmet stripe, their uniforms are perfect. They could pair the silver pants with the white jerseys, but that's about it.

Also, is anybody else completely over the Texans' uniforms? They're not bad, they just look totally uninspired and bland. It started downhill for them when they stopped wearing red socks on the road. Then they started doing monochrome crap semi-regularly. Also, I think they were one of the hardest-hit of teams in the Nike change. The faded navy, the gigantic clown collars. The logo is great and so is JJ Watt. That's about all that's worth mentioning.

Agree with all of this.With the Panthers, even their blue alts are fantastic and as for Houston their unis have always been meh to me, don't hate them but pretty bland, and nike made them worse. But at the same time I'm scared to think of what a re-design might look like.

My Top 5

1a Steelers black vs Panthers

1b Steelers white vs Panthers

2 Chiefs vs Panthers

3a Chiefs vs Seattle gray pants

3b Chiefs vs Seattle white pants

3c Chiefs vs Seatte blue pants

4 Steelers black vs Vikings

5 Chiefs vs Vikings

Other interesting games:

That double bright face mask Skins vs Pats.

All Native American Bowl.

Super Bowl I rematch.

Chiefs vs. Redskins would be the Protest Bowl. You'd have whiners protestors everywhere. If anything would inspire the NFL to force Washington to change its name (which I don't personally believe needs to happen, but to each their own), it would be this. It would also be interesting to see how security handled the protests. Would there be a certain distance they'd be required to keep from the stadium? Would there be a limit on how many of them there could be? Or would they just band them from the grounds altogether?

...that said, it would be a good-looking game. It would be even better if the 'Skins wore burgundy and the Chiefs white, but white-on-red it would be good too.

I always feel like somehow I'm missing something about the Panthers' uniform that others can see since it's so popular on here, even with people who's uniform opinions I'm normally in agreement with. That said, I don't get it. I mean, I don't think it's horrible by any means, and thanks to the garbage some teams have switched to since Nike took over, it would have to be steadily rising on anyone's list. But, to me, it has a lot of the same problems the late 90's / early 00's 49er uniform had. Massive logo creep... it's on the helmet, I don't need to see the exact same logo on the sleeve, let alone the hip. Mismatched stripes between helmet and pants (and speaking of the helmet and pants, those tapered stripes are relics), and the white road pants are a major head-scratcher to me.

I'd like to see them clean it up a bit. Simplify things. (Of course, I'd probably like to see about 3/4 the NFL simplify their uniforms.) Streamline the striping patterns, eliminate some logo repetition. I will say I like that logo, and the color scheme is awesome.

That color matchup is really good. In a totally unrelated sport, I enjoyed a similar matchup during the 1995 NBA Finals:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rockets+magic+finals&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPtfmXlJbKAhVC82MKHQuICZEQ_AUICSgD&biw=1600&bih=790

Archived