NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, rsaline said:

ESPN draft coverage using volt accent colors. Yuck.

espn draft.png

I noticed this right away...and loved it.  Obviously.

Insider info that will make you all very happy:  Volt is on the outs.  Or at least taking a break for a year or two, for the most part.  

2 hours ago, Volt said:

I noticed this right away...and loved it.  Obviously.

Insider info that will make you all very happy:  Volt is on the outs.  Or at least taking a break for a year or two, for the most part.  

From what? Everything? Hopefully at least the Pro Bowl - this past year looked good without it.

3 hours ago, rsaline said:

From what? Everything? Hopefully at least the Pro Bowl - this past year looked good without it.

Nike wanted to phase it out last year from their product lines, but the demand was still too high.  They are working to phase it out of most of this year's coming product - that could be permanent, could be temporary, but apparently they're a little bit over it.  Most visible color to the human eye, but now that everyone is Lime Greening the ish out of everything, I think they're just annoyed, so of course, they want to steer the market again, and everyone will just follow.  

Things could always change, but this is what I was told by a Nike employee (corporate, not store) this past Fall, and from a corporate buyer in a company that would definitely know.

I thought some people here might find this video interesting.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Paxton-Lynchs-arrival-at-UCHTC-as-a-Bronco/10bdee28-6d68-42c6-8324-1aa80e2ea22b

It's Paxton Lynch arriving at Broncos headquarters in Dove Valley on Friday. About 4 minutes after walking in the door, he's taken to the equipment room to address uniform-related matters. I love his reaction to seeing his jersey for the first time. He is also fitted for a helmet (I think he says he wants a visor?), and they talk about shoes a little. This also caught my eye:

MZIJuBs.jpg

Check out the stripes on that helmet sitting on the table. Those are Orange Crush - era stripes on a modern navy helmet. Probably meaningless, but I guess we'll see (faux-back/color rush?). A boy can dream.

1 hour ago, Chauncey917 said:

I thought some people here might find this video interesting.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Paxton-Lynchs-arrival-at-UCHTC-as-a-Bronco/10bdee28-6d68-42c6-8324-1aa80e2ea22b

It's Paxton Lynch arriving at Broncos headquarters in Dove Valley on Friday. About 4 minutes after walking in the door, he's taken to the equipment room to address uniform-related matters. I love his reaction to seeing his jersey for the first time. He is also fitted for a helmet (I think he says he wants a visor?), and they talk about shoes a little. This also caught my eye:

MZIJuBs.jpg

Check out the stripes on that helmet sitting on the table. Those are Orange Crush - era stripes on a modern navy helmet. Probably meaningless, but I guess we'll see (faux-back/color rush?). A boy can dream.

So much better than the current stripe. Hopefully, we'll see this helmet this,or next, season.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

19 hours ago, Chauncey917 said:

MZIJuBs.jpg

Nice find! It's either got something do with Color Rush or it's just the equipment guys being bored. 

Also, I spot a stack of 7s, likely for autographing if Elway ever gets another free moment.

6uXNWAo.png

Speaking of the Broncos, it looks like they will be using the updated uniform template that we've seen a few other players wearing, except this still has flywire. Hard to tell but compare what Paxton Lynch is wearing to Goff or Wentz.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What exactly does that mean?

I think they're very realistic and match up to some of the rumors/pictures we've seen. 

Regarding the helmets comment, YES, it does add legitimacy because there have been plenty of rumors where the helmets are different colors, etc. Those you can obviously throw out the door. 

Take it easy, guys. Everything is worth reading with a grain of salt. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived