NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

On 5/5/2016 at 6:19 AM, Rise of DC said:

Redskins Pres. Bruce Allen hinted at a uniform change/alt (?) yesterday. He's known for his obsession with the gold pants so I'll believe it when I see it.

"We're going to do some things this year that I think the fans are really going to like with the uniform."

Like white over burgundy at home vs Dallas?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, the heat suck said:

As we all know, the Vikings are getting a new fieldart design, so this is a pretty significant change.1401.jpg?i=1464376435534

Wow, that's exactly what it looks like in Madden 16. I didn't think the game would predict the design.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

It wouldn't surprise me that the photo of the field design isn't complete.  It may need another coat of purple and a gold outline on the white.

They don't paint field turf.  The "grass" is manufactured in that color.  Then they come in and shave out the numbers and place them in.  Same with the word marks and logos.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

On May 27, 2016 at 8:08 AM, leopard88 said:

Fixed your post.

It was a great uniform when uniforms had sleeves.  Now, the stripes are wedged into the little cap sleeves that are left and wind up (1) stretched out of shape and/or (2) with parts of the stripes cut off.

temp2015_BAL2_1227kr_0672--nfl_mezz_1280

web-20151220pdSteelersSports12-2.jpg

Ben at least has sleeves, so the stripes look right.

This is about a year old concept I did for the Steelers (Just see the top two, the bottom two are more concept-y.). They're a few changes away from perfection.  Block #s, smaller stripes; I'd also prefer a matte helmet with a gray facemask.

GAFSQ3f.jpg

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Wow, that's exactly what it looks like in Madden 16. I didn't think the game would predict the design.

The design may have been final before last year's game release.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Is the Vikings stadium opening this year?

yes. and speaking of new stadiums, heres the latest on Miami

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Stadium-Construction-Video-Update/cb507127-a70f-4ea7-ad75-8f696da37a70

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

That's a fine look for the Rams, but I like this one more...

CYkXZT1WAAAeKmN.jpg

I've never understood why some people prefer the plain old blue-and-white look to the blue-and-yellow for the Rams. If you want to see a team in just blue and white, watch the Colts. The Rams are supposed to be in blue and yellow.

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I've never understood why some people prefer the plain old blue-and-white look to the blue-and-yellow for the Rams. If you want to see a team in just blue and white, watch the Colts. The Rams are supposed to be in blue and yellow.

Like most everything else on these boards, it's a matter of personal taste. I like the blue and white more than I like the blue and yellow. Sue me. 

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Like most everything else on these boards, it's a matter of personal taste. I like the blue and white more than I like the blue and yellow. Sue me. 

Clearly you're just an old traditionalist. ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Hmmm...I want to sue you but I can't think of what I should allege.

On May 28, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Old School Fool said:

They based it off of the renderings.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Archived