NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

On June 12, 2016 at 0:50 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

and again, there is no confirmation of any actual issues with Nike and the Jaguars as hard as it might be to match pantone to old textiles to new textiles. this was speculation by a member here who heard it from someone else, who heard it from someone else. 

Which likely means the rumor reeked of BS from the start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Washington football team has always inflamed my uniform OCD. Helmet stripes don't match the sleeves, which don't match the socks, which don't match the helmet. Gah. 

Seconded. I've always felt the same way about the Steelers' uniforms too, although to a lesser degree than Washington's.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Seconded. I've always felt the same way about the Steelers' uniforms too, although to a lesser degree than Washington's.

I don't need the sleeve stripe pattern to match the pants unless you go with a monochrome top/bottom...in the traditional situations like the steelers, bears, etc I think the sleeve stripes can stand on their own as that was the fashion at the time...If you have helmet stripe it should typically follow the flow of the pants or vice/versa...sock stripes matching sleeve stripes is also a pretty good idea...washington is a bona fide mess of a uniform though, they remind me of a 1980's high school.

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I forgot about the Washington pants stripe. When they wear gold pants they have four different non-matching stripe patterns. Gah. 

The Steelers aren't as bad but close. 

On June 29, 2016 at 8:38 AM, BJ Sands said:

I forgot about the Washington pants stripe. When they wear gold pants they have four different non-matching stripe patterns. Gah. 

The Steelers aren't as bad but close. 

The pants and sleeves are the same.. The socks are just an extended version of the helmet.. Definitely a mess, but not as awful as people are making it out..

Also, I never thought the Steelers were that bad. Single on helmets and pants, then more elaborate on the sleeves, but at least it's not an actual different pattern.. Just a single stripe that gets multiplied on the sleeves.. Similar to braisher stripes.. 3 on helmet and pants, 5 on sleeves.. 

Washington has 3 too many sets of stripes. Thats the accepted (and correct, IMO) answer. 

Hell,  if they just went back to double stripes on the pants and socks, I could live with the helmet stripes being different. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

On 7/2/2016 at 0:23 AM, andycumbee19 said:

Washington has 3 too many sets of stripes. Thats the accepted (and correct, IMO) answer. 

Hell,  if they just went back to double stripes on the pants and socks, I could live with the helmet stripes being different. 

yep. and i wouldn't even mind dropping a stripe/element altogether from one or two pieces. these are not crazy stripe designs or anything distracting on their own but when there are so many different stripes on a uniform it causes some visual confusion. where one might argue "all the colors repeat and tie it all together" the stripes do just the opposite - they fight against each other and make each piece seperate from the next. there is really nothing "uniform" about it at all

then theres the yellow mask, the stark white numbers, the yellow pants. everything on the uniform is trying to stand out and be "the hero". just doesnt work at all

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Back to the Jaguars discussion.. If they ever did decide to demote teal to a tertiary color (or scrap it altogether), and since there's already a "black and gold" team, what about them  maybe being the "gold and black" team - opposite the Saints' scheme.. Black helmets with gold jerseys.. Black or white pants, then a typical white road look...

11 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Back to the Jaguars discussion.. If they ever did decide to demote teal to a tertiary color (or scrap it altogether), and since there's already a "black and gold" team, what about them  maybe being the "gold and black" team - opposite the Saints' scheme.. Black helmets with gold jerseys.. Black or white pants, then a typical white road look...

I think they could do that, and if they did, I'd look at them and think "Man, they should go back to teal."  So could they drop teal?  Yes.  Should they?  Nah.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Giants just announced: white pants at home full time in 2016 regular season.  grey on the road, even if they wear blue on the road (at dallas).

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-to-wear-white-pants-for-all-home-games-view-uniform-schedule/c4f4d08e-14ca-446d-a570-55f9a63e7f6a

That sucks. 

37 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Giants just announced: white pants at home full time in 2016 regular season.  grey on the road, even if they wear blue on the road (at dallas).

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-to-wear-white-pants-for-all-home-games-view-uniform-schedule/c4f4d08e-14ca-446d-a570-55f9a63e7f6a

Love it. I really like the white pants look.

57 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Love this. They look so much better with the white pants.

Archived