NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

QF-effing-T.

Although I think the Ravens are at the very least equally guilty, what with their black helmets and purple jerseys. 

Unless the Ravens pull a 1990-2004 Atlanta Falcons route. Black helmets, black jerseys, but instead of those nasty mustard gold pants, white pants. Make the purple look indigo, but make it an accent while the gold can be just part of the logos.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Ravens could match the gold from the primary logo on the helmet and use a gold facemask. BUT with that, they would need to use a gold pants option. The "gold" pants last year really wasn't a bad choice IMO. Probably could have been executed a little better, but overall it was a good look.

Gold pants might work if they were actually gold.  Last year's effort fell way short of the mark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

49 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Gold pants might work if they were actually gold.  Last year's effort fell way short of the mark.

I agree that it could work. Too bad Nike and all of its newfangled technology cannot make a shiny gold fabric for its pants! You are stuck with a matte mustard color. 

5 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I agree that it could work. Too bad Nike and all of its newfangled technology cannot make a shiny gold fabric for its pants! You are stuck with a matte mustard color. 

The problem with those Raven pants was that they matched the actual team colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm still a bit surprised the hate for Baltimore's mustard pants is as strong as it is.  I know I'm in the huge minority but I actually like that look.  The thing that makes it look bad for me is the black socks they wore with the set.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

I'm still a bit surprised the hate for Baltimore's mustard pants is as strong as it is.  I know I'm in the huge minority but I actually like that look.  The thing that makes it look bad for me is the black socks they wore with the set.

My .02: I feel the mustard looks bad because it's basically their 4th color and it's used so little therefore it doesn't warrant a big piece of the uniform. Purple-jersey, numbers. Black-helmet, jersey, pants. White-jersey, pants, numbers. Gold-B logo, small outlines. I would much rather see purple as third pants or use some gold stripes on those plain black pants.

KISSwall09.jpg

Yes they used the college/high school game turf last year because it was a sudden decision, this is a brand new field. Not sure if it's just for Texans like att stadium but I hope it is because it looks like the endzones and midfield logo are stitched in rather than painted. Wish they would come up with a system like Arizona because I'm all about grass fields but the two stadium are built completely different. Lools

like for the foreseeable future turf is the answer

5 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

usa-today-8956788.0.jpg

Tonight above and last year on the bottom. Looks like the same shade of orange to me. 

Ultimately I think you might be right, there's so many factors other than the actual jersey color.

Still though, compare that photo of yours with this:

555.JPG

I'm pretty sure a slight tweak of a color is not covered by the "one-year rule" for uniform changes ..... 

I should point out that the 49ers uniforms were not at all color-saturated, and the contrast between theirs and these was part of my little theory here. 

wS7MJ6T.png

Archived