NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

19 hours ago, dont care said:

Someone was making some stuff up to start rumors, they might have a retro inspired color rush uniform based on a current helmet with old logo in their equipment room in a video of the qb they drafted getting his helmet fitted

I'd love to see this video ... is it on their official site?

(Paxton Lynch btw)

wS7MJ6T.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/30/2016 at 7:00 PM, Chauncey917 said:

I thought some people here might find this video interesting.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Paxton-Lynchs-arrival-at-UCHTC-as-a-Bronco/10bdee28-6d68-42c6-8324-1aa80e2ea22b

It's Paxton Lynch arriving at Broncos headquarters in Dove Valley on Friday. About 4 minutes after walking in the door, he's taken to the equipment room to address uniform-related matters. I love his reaction to seeing his jersey for the first time. He is also fitted for a helmet (I think he says he wants a visor?), and they talk about shoes a little. This also caught my eye:

MZIJuBs.jpg

Check out the stripes on that helmet sitting on the table. Those are Orange Crush - era stripes on a modern navy helmet. Probably meaningless, but I guess we'll see (faux-back/color rush?). A boy can dream.

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Unearthed another NFL player who test piloted the Vapor Untouchable template last year- Chiefs WR, Chris Conley.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So are these the same Nike jerseys just without all the stitching? Looks way better imo

1 hour ago, San Diego said:

So are these the same Nike jerseys just without all the stitching? Looks way better imo

no its a completely new template, It has only seams around the collar, sleeves, and there is another seam in the back. It's suppose to be a more snug, but it doesn't look snug around the the midsection so maybe he got his a little larger than needed. 

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

I'm sure this has been discussed, but why does Derrick Henry get to wear #2 -- and will have to abort when the regular season begins?

35553607001_5082959620001_5082884298001-

We have WRs wearing single digit numbers too. It's the preseason and the rosters are so expanded, so different numbers can be assigned. When rosters are cut down to 53, he will have to change since that is not a RB number

Go A's!

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

Any proof on this? 

Solid and absolute proof no.  All of the chatter coming out of Dove Valley is that the Broncos color rush uniforms will be based on the 1966 uniforms. But this only based on what a local Denver media member dropped hints at. 

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If all of the 20's, 30's and 40's he can wear 2. A WR for Denver is currently wearing 5. I believed he had been assigned 27 but I guess not.

I had thought he wanted 24, but Perrish Cox has that number. Coincidentally, Cox changed his number from 29 to 24 after DeMarco Murray got to Tennessee. We might see a player with three different numbers for one team in the span of a few months.

1 hour ago, Sportscenter said:

Solid and absolute proof no.  All of the chatter coming out of Dove Valley is that the Broncos color rush uniforms will be based on the 1966 uniforms. But this only based on what a local Denver media member dropped hints at. 

Care to be any more vague?

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

Helpful hint then, don't report it unless you have a news story or insider information from the organization. It just creates a mess if it's wrong.. Just look at what happened with the Pistons and their "logo change". I'm not trying to be mean but I don't like it, as other members do, if you don't have solid proof to back it up. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

Helpful hint then, don't report it unless you have a news story or insider information from the organization. It just creates a mess if it's wrong.. Just look at what happened with the Pistons and their "logo change". I'm not trying to be mean but I don't like it, as other members do, if you don't have solid proof to back it up. 

If someone in the local media is dropping hints, it's certainly more valid than those stupid Color Rush leaked sheets. IIRC we just said those were stupid; we didn't try to run the poster out of town.

Archived