NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

The Redskins casually brought back the burgundy pants... hopefully they bring back the white pants for a game or two

They hinted at the burgundy pants before the start of the season. I don't see many fans asking for the white pants. Burgundy top/gold pants still looks good. White top/burgundy pants is the classic look from the Gibbs era people wanted back. They rarely wore the burgundy jerseys back then.

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

So what if a player uses a helmet that is no longer made, and then changes teams? At that point, the player has no choice but to switch helmets. So that's considered okay by the NFL, but having to use a different helmet despite not changing teams isn't. Oy.

I assume they just paint the shell in that situation, no?

13 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Am I the only one who had more than enough of the white jersey and black leggings Saints look? I honestly think this is a bottom 5 NFL uniform. They look like they forgot their right pants and had to wear some generic aerobic thighs...

It's the socks man. No gold or white socks to bring balance to uniform. Not to mention no stripes on the black pants which makes things worse.

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Am I the only one who had more than enough of the white jersey and black leggings Saints look? I honestly think this is a bottom 5 NFL uniform. They look like they forgot their right pants and had to wear some generic aerobic thighs...

Right there with you. Gold pants are much better option. They also need to ditch the toilet seat collar 

19 minutes ago, bowld said:

Right there with you. Gold pants are much better option. They also need to ditch the toilet seat collar 

Or better yet, they should just make this the full time road uniform (with either black socks or striped white ones), and add a matching black jersey and gold pants.

IMG_2202.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Saints look is just a bit tired, even the black jerseys.  It is more than the collar.  I think the color rush outfit is fantastic, and could be supplemented with a similar black jersey w/white numbers, gold trim, and "matching" gold & white shoulder stripes.  Add alternate gold pants, and you have four great regular combos. 

Add a fresher version of a white jersey with black numbers, maybe black sleeves, to be worn with redesigned black pant with white stripes.  That can be an alt (black and white) because gold jerseys just don't look right. 

11 hours ago, Ben5 said:

As I understand it, the rule doesn't limit the number of helmets a player can use in a season. You can switch styles, or even helmets within a style if necessary. The rule says that a team can't use two different helmets. This is because some players wear helmets that aren't made anymore, like the VSR4. For a team to wear multiple helmets, there are situations where a team doesn't have another old helmet, so a player is forced to wear a different helmet than they normally would. My assumption is that the NFL doesn't want to be in a position where a player gets injured being forced wearing a helmet that is not their normal helmet.

Ok that makes sense but they have lots of money i think they could figure it out

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Or better yet, they should just make this the full time road uniform (with either black socks or striped white ones), and add a matching black jersey and gold pants.

IMG_2202.JPG

This is absolutely stunning compared to the white/black combination... I'd even like the white pants with the black jerseys as mentionned above until Nike figure out how to make good looking gold pants.

14 hours ago, llfhockey said:

If there are these one helmet rules then why are players using one or more helmets....

I understand the rule and all but it just seems like they are ditching different colored helmets not limiting a player to one a year

I'm sorry, but it's clear that you don't actually understand the rule. 

Players are not limited to one helmet a year.  Never have been.  The rule is that teams can't force a player to wear more than one helmet through throwbacks. 

5 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I like how the Chargers use powder blue for their backdrops in media sessions and the score bugs on CBS and FOX... yet navy blue is still their primary color.

This team really doesn't know where to go...

I saw the Bills with red score bugs and the Giants with Grey...

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I like how the Chargers use powder blue for their backdrops in media sessions and the score bugs on CBS and FOX... yet navy blue is still their primary color.

This team really doesn't know where to go...

That actually makes a tiny bit of sense if you're expecting personnel to wear navy blue attire in front of the background.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, Elmos World 17 said:

I saw the Bills with red score bugs and the Giants with Grey...

The Bills main colors are blue and red and while I think of them as more blue-dominant, I don't have any problem with them or the networks using red; I've never seen the Giants with grey score bugs, but if they ever did... shame on the network.

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

That actually makes a tiny bit of sense if you're expecting personnel to wear navy blue attire in front of the background.

True, but they could've also used white (or possibly yellow gold). What are this team's colors? Navy blue and yellow gold? Powder blue and yellow gold? Navy blue and powder blue? Navy blue, powder blue and yellow gold? The only instance where I see them using powder blue is with the alternates. To me, they're mostly navy blue and yellow gold with powder blue as an accent color.

Archived