NHL shield in orange and black.

Almighty

The black represents of course Wesley Snipes, but there are several theories regarding the orange. Most, however, seem to agree that it is an homage to Barry Melrose's face.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's because the shield was designed a long time ago when everything was still in black and white. When the world was colourized in the mid-60's they realized that somebody in those gray days had used what they thought was gray thread but turned out to have been orange all along. The league finally had the opportunity to correct this ages old error with the 2005 soft rebrand.

This is what I believe and I will stand by it.

It's because the shield was designed a long time ago when everything was still in black and white. When the world was colourized in the mid-60's they realized that somebody in those gray days had used what they thought was gray thread but turned out to have been orange all along. The league finally had the opportunity to correct this ages old error with the 2005 soft rebrand.

ch930919.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

ch930919.gif

I nominate this for POTD (not sure if that's my love for Calvin and Hobbes speaking, but still)

spacer.png

ch930919.gif

As I have said to FutureWife! ... "We need to have at least one kid so I can be Calvin's dad. It seems like it would be so much fun. The office health plan covers therapy."

I'm already doing it a little with the nieces. I have the 8 year old convinced that there are super-secret belts in karate after black. Specifically, red polka dot, green polka dot, and orange polka dot.

Archived