Old College Football Uniforms That Need To Come Back

JosiahWVU

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ You must be terrible at detecting sarcasm, huh?..

Considering sarcasm is something that is not easily detectable when it's not spoken, it would benefit people to not type sarcastic remarks so that it's not taken the wrong way. But alas, that's why I started my post the way I did.

^ Yes I understand sarcasm is not easily detectable in a lot of cases when it's not spoken, but come on. You couldn't seriously have thought there was any chance that poster actually thought the size of the tv numbers was the same as the size of the numbers on the front and back of the jerseys. Sarcasm may not be always be easily detectable when it's not spoken, but logic should have taken over on that one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ You must be terrible at detecting sarcasm, huh?..

Considering sarcasm is something that is not easily detectable when it's not spoken, it would benefit people to not type sarcastic remarks so that it's not taken the wrong way. But alas, that's why I started my post the way I did.

I'm in the same boat. Everything I read on the internet I take as literal prose and I steadfastly agree that sarcasm and satire have no place in in written text. Don't even get me started with allegories, those are the literary tools of Satan himself.

george620.jpg

Those shoulder numbers look like they should be on a freeway overpass. Holy Christ. Dial down the font size a few hundred notches.

There was a mistake with shipping at the jersey factory, so they only had one number size.. And they slapped it on the front, back, and shoulders
I'm not sure if you're serious, but this is absolutely false. The front and back numbers were gargantuan, too, and by this logic, they would have been smaller than normal.

image_zps2rhtr3iv.jpeg

I was absolutely joking.. Clearly, even oversized tv numbers would still be extremely undersized F/B numbers.. It was a sarcastic/joking reason for explaining why the tv numbers became so large in the first place..

Not wild about the sleeve stripes, but CU should go back to this shade of gold yesterday.

2e9aa038540363fa1251b6c1e5453cd0.jpg

The sleeve stripes are great. It's a shame they didn't use the darker gold when they really did bring these uniforms back a few years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not wild about the sleeve stripes, but CU should go back to this shade of gold yesterday.

2e9aa038540363fa1251b6c1e5453cd0.jpg

The sleeve stripes are great. It's a shame they didn't use the darker gold when they really did bring these uniforms back a few years ago.

Huh. It's interesting that you consider it "darker." I didn't even notice that the shade is darker---I just think of it as the "brighter" gold that they used to use because it's shiny instead of matte. Having googled some pictures, I don't even see that big a difference. They really used to look very bright on TV, and I know they made their shade less metallic in 2006, but the photos like the one of Kordell Stewart that I posted don't seem to do justice to how much those helmets popped.

Say what you will about CFB's current uniform state but at least almost all the teams look different. Without the helmets it's near impossible to find out who these teams are. If that cover came out today with current players and current uniforms then there would be no confusion.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Say what you will about CFB's current uniform state but at least almost all the teams look different. Without the helmets it's near impossible to find out who these teams are. If that cover came out today with current players and current uniforms then there would be no confusion.

but they all have 1 helmet that makes them distinct

Archived