Concept for New NFL Team in LA

The Nati MacDaddy

I have decided that if the city Los Angeles is awarded an NFL franchise they should start from scratch and create a new team. There will most definitely be fans from Oakland, St. Louis, and San Diego that will be bitter about losing their team but I feel a new team with a new identity would help Los Angeles draw a new fan base. Click here to read a recent article by Vincent Bonsignore regarding the NFL in L.A. . With that in mind I have spent some time developing a new NFL franchise for the city of Los Angeles called the L.A. TREMORS. I like the name because it relates to the city. Here is the entire concept starting with the helmet. Give me your thoughts.

Tremors%206%20view%20template_zpstcncmyz

wow you've really put some effort into this and I respect that! however, I'm not the biggest fan of your color choice and early 90's style uniforms... so in my opinion, you should simplify things (even logos / wordmark). Make everything in a modern style and then there might be something ;)

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

That wordmark is really difficult to read. While well thought out, the whole thing seems a little gimmicky and AFL-y

In a nutshell.

This would be a fantastic concept for an AFL team, although you'd still need to do something about the unreadable seismogram logo and wordmark. For an NFL team, though, it doesn't fly.

I echo everything from above. It's way too minor league looking to be pro ready. And lavender...not the best color choice.

I would take a look at the San Jose Earthquakes for ideas on how to use seismograph/earthquake imagery without it being too obstructive.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

In a vacuum, this is a really solid package. Well thought out, well tied together. But it doesn't feel like the NFL. A minor league, yes, and that's not to knock minor-league, it's just a different aesthetic. I think in your revision, that Aftershock wordmark would be a great place to start, as it's the most NFL-looking thing here.

rATMcmK.png

In a vacuum, this is a really solid package. Well thought out, well tied together. But it doesn't feel like the NFL. A minor league, yes, and that's not to knock minor-league, it's just a different aesthetic. I think in your revision, that Aftershock wordmark would be a great place to start, as it's the most NFL-looking thing here.

Gonna take a wild guess and say it's not his based on the quality of work on the remainder of the project and how "Bar & Grille" are just tacked onto the side of the wordmark.

Bingo - if you google "Aftershock logo", it's the 8th logo on the list:

Aftershock-Logo1.png

Gonna take a wild guess and say it's not his based on the quality of work on the remainder of the project and how "Bar & Grille" are just tacked onto the side of the wordmark.

Bingo - if you google "Aftershock logo", it's the 8th logo on the list:

Aftershock-Logo1.png

Yeah, the last idea was an after thought that I just threw together. I will need to be more original with the aftershock logo. I like the name for the establishment but I should have credited the source. The Cheerleader concept is a photoshopped version of the Baltimore Raven's squad.

I am thinking that naming rights to the stadium should be from an Insurance company, a business that offers No "Fault" insurance.

I don't mind the lavender so much, but the font for TREMORS and the numbers on the jerseys is terribly cartoonish and dated. Not everything has to be shaky/crumbling to get the point of the identity across.

I'd also move the TV numbers from the sleeves to the shoulders so that they can be bigger and don't have to compete with the seismograph motif.

Overall, I think your work shows that you're a good illustrator, but that doesn't necessarily always translate over to sports design or to graphic design in general.

This is on par with the LA KISS

0817-matt-bassuener-2.jpg

Which, though we make fun of it, is a real team with a well-put-together image and truly embraces a theme.

But it is most definitely not NFL material. Too kitchy, too strict to a theme. This would be a good arena football team, or something from the mid 1990s, but not the stoic No Fun League.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It may just be me but it doesn't seem like an NFL team.

Oh, it's definitely not just you. This concept has potential, and I'd agree with everything said above. I do like how you included the extra things, like the field and cheerleaders...

Like the thought put into the package, well done!

However, I'd say the logo is a bit iffy, I found it was pretty hard to see. That might just be me, but maybe you should look towards a different path for that.

BTW, The Fault Line would be a nice Stadium nickname...

Archived