OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, TJSC said:

Keep the name, change the colors to grey and gold. Southern California fans love the yellow/gold, and the addition of grey distinguishes the Chargers from the Rams while showcasing that they're a "different" team. Seems like a good enough color scheme as Madden even uses it for an LA team. Use the beloved powder blue unis as alternates/throwbacks for the longtime/Southern California fans who converted from San Diego to LA.

 

Also it fits with the "charger" theme...(new logo is a dark grey cloud with a lighting bolt?)

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3493.PNG

 

 

Why not just red-orange, light green, black, and white for the relocated team. Red-orange being the prime color while light green accents with black and white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Come on, it HAS to stay Chargers. As much as I never want to see them leave San Diego...:

 

1. Team originated in Los Angeles

2. Los Angeles isn't too far from San Diego

3. Team name has been in existence since 1960

 

Sure, fun to think of new names but the reality has to remaining the Chargers. 

Second that.If the Spanos family has any clue they'll go powder blue,same name,1960's logo and do one simple thing.Win.If you can field a winning team people will be drawn to your product.Otherwise Dean save your focus group,re-branding thingy and buy yourself some booze.You'll need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KDubK414 said:

Then the Tennessee Titans could adopt the colors of the New York Titans, and it will have come full circle. 

This is starting to resemble some of the old "Jazz to New Orleans, Hornets to Charlotte, Bobcats to Utah" proposals. ;) 

 

(Granted, one of those actually wound up happening.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing the Rams are going to just use a navy/white logo for 2017 and 2018 then do a full rebrand for 2019. That NFL Shop post above is weird because it's even in use on the non-mobile site. This is the first time I've ever seen the NFL actually market the Rams with navy/white since the move so this is strange.

 

NAu93VD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

introducing your...

 

Angeles Golden Nights

No.. Los Angeles Golden Nights (Of Anaheim) :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, McCarthy said:

 

 

SB.png

 

still better than the Jaguars helmets. 

 

14 hours ago, OnWis97 said:


Terrible.  I HATE GRAY FACEMASKS!  :mad:

It needs a yellow face mask. THE YELLOW FACE MASK IS THE SECOND BANANA.

 

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, leopard88 said:

 

That is a great looking jacket, but there is one quirk . . .

 

It seems odd to me that it would have an NFL patch on the sleeve when the Chargers were an AFL team and the jacket clearly references the AFL era (especially the All-American City patch).

When I purchased the jacket I made that EXACT comment.  I even went as far as looking for an old AFL shield to put on there.

 

I purchased the jacket in Orange County by the way.  They also had a blue and white Rams one...just not in my size. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

 

It needs a yellow face mask. THE YELLOW FACE MASK IS THE SECOND BANANA.

 

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

 

The banana on the other side of the helmet is the second banana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

 

The banana on the other side of the helmet is the second banana. 

 

Unless it's a one-sided logo helmet like the Steelers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2016 at 6:46 PM, bleuet said:

Raiders moved 2 times and did not change name.

Rams moved 2 times and did not change name.

Cards moved one time and did  not change name.

Colts moved one time and did not change name.

Okay, the Browns moved and changed name,

 

I'm dead sure the Chargers will heep their super name. Yes, recolor the whole thing, heck, why not a new logo?

 

I'd love to see something, say dark grey and gold or such, there so many possibilities with the name Chargers.

 

But reason will prevail and the Chargers will keep their name.

 

 

The Cardinals actually started out in Chicago, so they've moved twice without changing their name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2016 at 8:13 PM, TJSC said:

Keep the name, change the colors to grey and gold. Southern California fans love the yellow/gold, and the addition of grey distinguishes the Chargers from the Rams while showcasing that they're a "different" team. Seems like a good enough color scheme as Madden even uses it for an LA team. Use the beloved powder blue unis as alternates/throwbacks for the longtime/Southern California fans who converted from San Diego to LA.

 

Also it fits with the "charger" theme...(new logo is a dark grey cloud with a lighting bolt?

 

Here's my sloppy mockup of the dark grey/yellow recolor, the scheme distinguishes the Chargers enough from the Rams, and keeps the beloved Southern California yellow. Powder blues could be used as the throwbacks.

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bootscallahan said:

 

The Cardinals actually started out in Chicago, so they've moved twice without changing their name. 

 

And the Rams have now moved 3 times without changing their name.

 

Cleveland -> Los Angeles -> St. Louis -> Los Angeles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TJSC said:

 

Here's my sloppy mockup of the dark grey/yellow recolor, the scheme distinguishes the Chargers enough from the Rams, and keeps the beloved Southern California yellow. Powder blues could be used as the throwbacks.

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG

No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's worse if you are a diehard Chargers fan: your team relocating 2 hours north or your team not existing at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another reason to keep the Chargers' name; it has LA roots.

"According to the official website of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Barron Hilton agreed after his general manager, Frank Leahy, picked the Chargers name when he purchased an AFL franchise for Los Angeles: "I liked it because they were yelling 'charge' and sounding the bugle at Dodgers Stadium and at USC games."

-1960 Los Angeles Chargers Wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I call semi-BS ... Barron Hilton had just debuted the Carte Blanche charge card, and it was semi-named after that, according to many non-Chargers sources I've seen in many books.

 

But the reality also may be mixed as the shield logo - an electric charge and an Arab charger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

What's worse if you are a diehard Chargers fan: your team relocating 2 hours north or your team not existing at all?

As I said in a previous post, I prefer they cease to exist before being the LA Chargers.  I prefer a clean break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now