OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

KGeeX5    420
28 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

I really like the L A hidden in the R and A in that concept. 

Daredevil    40
3 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I really like the L A hidden in the R and A in that concept. 

An homage to this script (which is outstanding and totally original and totally should be back in the endzones).

grfbe07kghepvedhhyr2.gif

KGeeX5    420
14 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

An homage to this script (which is outstanding and totally original and totally should be back in the endzones).

grfbe07kghepvedhhyr2.gif

That would be amazing!

daniel75    379

Blue and white look sharper than blue and yellow.

3 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Blue and white look sharper than blue and yellow.

It's sharp but it doesn't stand out as much as the yellow. In 2019 they need to make it stand out and be sharp.

TJSC    178

This is proof that the Rams branding should revert back to royal blue and gold. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.10.33 PM.png

Quillz    260

It seems incredibly likely the Rams will revert to blue and gold as soon as they can. The management knows its popular, and it seems the goal is to remove any and all St. Louis references (including colors) as soon as it's allowed.

VikWings    497

Yea. The Rams shouldn't touch the logo other than maybe update the colors (again) in 2019. It's a great logo.

I'm still convinced we'll get a nike-fied modern update of the throwbacks in either navy or royal and yellow as the primaries with blue and white as the alternates. Now whether that alternate is blue or white remains to be seen.

gek_6    21
20 hours ago, Daredevil said:

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

The Rams fail if they don't go with this uniform set. It's too easy.

Gothamite    6,088
1 hour ago, Daredevil said:

I actually really like the navy and white Rams logo. I hope the Rams don't change it too drastically. 

1024px-Los_Angeles_Rams_logo.svg.png

It would be great, except that they decided to add a pointless extra blue outline around it.  Extra outlines muddy in general, and exponentially more so in two-color logos.  If the white horn is an issue, close up the regular blue keyline.

Ugly and unnecessary.  Spoils an otherwise-fine logo.

KGeeX5    420
11 hours ago, TJSC said:

Simply beautiful. 

ScubaSteve    304
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, TJSC said:

This will be stupidly embarrassing if the Rams win a Super Bowl in these uniforms. Forever engraved in their history.

The Cavs won it all in black sleeved jerseys. Anything is fair game now

Daredevil    40
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

It would be great, except that they decided to add a pointless extra blue outline around it.  Extra outlines muddy in general, and exponentially more so in two-color logos.  If the white horn is an issue, close up the regular blue keyline.

Ugly and unnecessary.  Spoils an otherwise-fine logo.

When you compare the St. Louis Rams and LA Rams logo (even though they are basically the same), the extra outline adds a lot of motion to it. 

1024px-NFL_Rams_logo.svg.png

Just for fun...

RamsLogo_recolored.png

WSU151    2,537
12 hours ago, TJSC said:

I pick...all of the games...

WavePunter    695
55 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

When you compare the St. Louis Rams and LA Rams logo (even though they are basically the same), the extra outline adds a lot of motion to it. 

1024px-NFL_Rams_logo.svg.png

Just for fun...

RamsLogo_recolored.png

The extra outline it to block off the part that used to be the gold key line.. In the white/blue only representation, the former gold/now white key line gets lost in the white background, thus calling for the extra outline.. That's why the logo is better as a three-color logo than a two-color logo

Here's how it looks without the extra outline:

IMG_0938.JPG

Gothamite    6,088

Easy enough to fix - fill in the horn, and it's fine in two colors without the outline.

rams_modified.png

(Excuse my crappy photoshop butchery, presuming they could find someone marginally more schooled to actually execute the work.)