OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

So does that mean the 49ers can't change their jerseys for 5 years now that they changed the stripes on the sleeves?

I don't believe so, I think this would fall under the "minor changes" category teams are able to make

The Rams should be wearing what Rampage is wearing. Or, honestly, the navy and gold (circa 2002 when the gold was actually gold), that would look good in the California sun. 

3 hours ago, Heitert said:

The Rams should be wearing what Rampage is wearing. Or, honestly, the navy and gold (circa 2002 when the gold was actually gold), that would look good in the California sun. 

Totally agreed. If this is not the NFL (and to an extent the Rams themselves) not getting out of their own way, I don't know what is.

Edited by DustDevil61
I don't know what.

Are people aware this isn't the first time an NFL team has had mismatching uniform elements like this? The Giants have two mismatching jerseys. The home jersey has no stripes present while the away has the red stripes. IMO, it looks terrible and isn't consistent at all. If a league and it's fans can accept that, they should be able to accept a team who has a helmet with no gold present and jerseys with gold present.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Are people aware this isn't the first time an NFL team has had mismatching uniform elements like this? The Giants have two mismatching jerseys. The home jersey has no stripes present while the away has the red stripes. IMO, it looks terrible and isn't consistent at all. If a league and it's fans can accept that, they should be able to accept a team who has a helmet with no gold present and jerseys with gold present.

But the uniforms themselves look like complete uniforms that were designed to go together. It's also not a mishmash of elements. The current jerseys go with nothing else in the uniform and it looks very poor.

Good Lord.  This is a massive amount of bitching over something that really doesn't warrant it. 

The Rams are temporarily going to wear a uniform in which the jersey will have a color that doesn't appear anywhere else. They are doing this because they want to refresh their look for their new market in the short time before they move into their new stadium, and the NFL won't allow them change twice.  When they move, they will make a more permanent and cohesive change, and everyone will stop thinking about whatever they wear this year, or next.

What most of you seem to be forgetting is that the Rams have looked like garbage for years.  It's not like they're dumping something awesome for this.

Try to get over it.

43 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Good Lord.  This is a massive amount of bitching over something that really doesn't warrant it. 

The Rams are temporarily going to wear a uniform in which the jersey will have a color that doesn't appear anywhere else. They are doing this because they want to refresh their look for their new market in the short time before they move into their new stadium, and the NFL won't allow them change twice.  When they move, they will make a more permanent and cohesive change, and everyone will stop thinking about whatever they wear this year, or next.

What most of you seem to be forgetting is that the Rams have looked like garbage for years.  It's not like they're dumping something awesome for this.

Try to get over it.

Never.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Try to get over it.

All they needed was the metallic gold pants. These were not garbage, and much better than the overrated royal and yellow set. 

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_8768.JPG

23 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

All they needed was the metallic gold pants. These were not garbage, and much better than the overrated royal and yellow set. 

IMG_5138.GIF.cce13c1f503f3c66229708038a58b413.GIF

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_8768.JPG

Ill agree with this. Problem is, they haven't looked like this in YEARS. They ditched the gold pants a long time ago. 

I can't say I'll start to miss the gold and navy years for the Rams once they're back to royal and yellow, because I already miss the gold and navy years. What they had prior to this season was an absolute shell of their original G and N set, and then actually looking good in G and N set sail YEARS ago. 

Honestly, those early navy and gold uniforms were some of the greatest NFL sets of all time. /homerism

OK, I get it... an NFL team is coming out with a new uniform, and there's a color on the jersey that doesn't appear in the helmet or pants.  That's gotta make every one crazy, right?  What a disjointed mess it is to have a piece of the uniform carry an extra color... it's gonna ruin everything.

I mean, just look at it...

tempLION5585--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

That dark gray is only on the jersey!!!  What a mess!!

Wait, that's not the uniform everyone is upset over?  Huh.

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Try to get over it.

We understand the reason why. That doesn't change the fact that they look like a high school football team that only had enough money to change jerseys one year or vice verca 

23 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OK, I get it... an NFL team is coming out with a new uniform, and there's a color on the jersey that doesn't appear in the helmet or pants.  That's gotta make every one crazy, right?  What a disjointed mess it is to have a piece of the uniform carry an extra color... it's gonna ruin everything.

I mean, just look at it...

tempLION5585--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

That dark gray is only on the jersey!!!  What a mess!!

Wait, that's not the uniform everyone is upset over?  Huh.

But that is just a number outline, it's not number outline, shoulder stripes, and logo on the sleeve all having a completely different color than what appears elsewhere in the uniform. Not just a darker color that already a part of the uniform that is only being used to help make the numbers clearer to see.

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_5138.GIF.cce13c1f503f3c66229708038a58b413.GIF

I guess saying the Rams' Millennium Blue and New Century Gold set was " much better than the overrated royal and yellow set" should go to the Unpopular Opinions thread. :)

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Ill agree with this. Problem is, they haven't looked like this in YEARS. They ditched the gold pants a long time ago. 

I can't say I'll start to miss the gold and navy years for the Rams once they're back to royal and yellow, because I already miss the gold and navy years. What they had prior to this season was an absolute shell of their original G and N set, and then actually looking good in G and N set sail YEARS ago. 

This is very true. The Nike changeover did them no favors (pale gold, toilet seat collar), and getting away from the gold pants was a huge mistake. 

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

I guess saying the Rams' Millennium Blue and New Century Gold set was " much better than the overrated royal and yellow set" should go to the Unpopular Opinions thread. :)

This is very true. The Nike changeover did them no favors (pale gold, toilet seat collar), and getting away from the gold pants was a huge mistake. 

Before Nike took over and ditched the metallic fabrics in favor of beige, the Rams had a very nice set.  But even those were inferior to the throwbacks.