OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

2,398 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not trying to defend this temporary look as a good uniform... don't get me wrong.  If they were selling this as their new look going forward, I'd be able to see what all the moaning was about, but they've made it clear, their intention all along was to put the team in new uniforms at the same time they put them in a new stadium.  On top of that, as I mentioned before, IMO the rams haven't looked good for years. Ever since they dumped the gold pants they went from a passable (although drastically inferior look to their royal and yellow/gold) uniform to a seriously crappy one. Personally, I'd much rather see them wearing this mismatched outfit, than see them continue with the one from the last half decade.

Plus, if you want to complain about ugly NFL uniforms you can certainly find other contenders. This mismatched uniforms is obviously not good, but still not bottom ten.

rams%20vs_zpsnwur8sqk.png

I'd say falcons and saints, and even that ravens combo look better than that, titans are about even, the rest of the Ravens sets are far superior to the rams miss match uniforms, Seahawks I'd say are better as well. Bengals are a side panel being removed from having a better look as well. So to me personally I'd say this look is buried deep in the bottom 1/3 of the league when before they had atleast an average set.

If you squint, Cleveland's orange/brown/orange combo is great.

31 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

If you squint, Cleveland's orange/brown/orange combo still hurts your eyes.

I agree.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

The color combination (or sequence) of o/b/o is great...it's just the details that suck.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I'd say falcons and saints, and even that ravens combo look better than that, titans are about even, the rest of the Ravens sets are far superior to the rams miss match uniforms, Seahawks I'd say are better as well. Bengals are a side panel being removed from having a better look as well. So to me personally I'd say this look is buried deep in the bottom 1/3 of the league when before they had atleast an average set.

No.  The Rams have stripes on their pants and a contrast of color between pants and socks. That makes it automatically better than the all black Ravens and Saints. The Rams aren't dark monochrome, so automatically better than the Seahawks. The Bengals and Titans also suffer from the pants/socks issue, as well as just being basically ugly. You could decide to put the Falcons over them, I guess, but I'm not sure why.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

I'm not sure I have the ability to squint that hard.

1 person likes this

Other than "BROWNS" on the pants I don't see the hate for the Browns uniform set. O/B/O looks great, but their best is O/W/W 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Other than "BROWNS" on the pants I don't see the hate for the Browns uniform set. O/B/O looks great, but their best is O/W/W 

The orange numbers don't look right on the white and are an unreadable eyesore on the brown. Then there's that weird contrast stitching on the brown to symbolize the hardworking city or something else patronizing. 

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Anything with the white pants looks great.

White over brown isn't terrible either. 

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The CBS Sports site published a story on fans' negative reaction to the temporary uniform.

Yeah, but that's unbelievably disingenuous on the part of CBS Sports, to write as though Facebook and Twitter comments are actually valuable insight into anything.  

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but that's unbelievably disingenuous on the part of CBS Sports, to write as though Facebook and Twitter comments are actually valuable insight into anything.  

Right... Browns fans loved their new uniforms on Facebook and Twitter, so...

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure I have the ability to squint that hard.

Squint to the point of just closing your eyes.. It certainly helps

I actually like the Browns uniforms. I'd make some minor tweaks but the overall look is fine to me, plus they have orange pants again which was long overdue. Clearly the classic uniforms are much better but still.

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Squint to the point of just closing your eyes.. It certainly helps

Closing your eyes entirely certainly does.  

1 person likes this

As a Browns fan, my two biggest complaints were that the drop shadow looks horrendous (either full outline, or eliminate the drop shadow and go monochrome orange on brown), and the BROWNS on the pantleg would be acceptable if the pant stripe continued through the BROWNS wording, but still absent in the negative space. By having the name completely out of place given the stripe, it looks horrible.

I can accept the chest striping, the textured brown helmet stripes, etc. And I was really hoping maybe to make a break and go entirely with orange at home (even the creamsicle everyone feared), since it actually looks best given the template. And the brown face mask is a complete upgrade over the white or gray masks of the past.

there are so many little things wrong with the jersey, thats what makes it bad. browns on the pants. cleveland across the chest. the orange stitching. orange numbers on the brown jersey. i dont have a problem with anything else on it though.

I know the Rams have a mismatched uniform.  I also know it's temporary.  So I'm not complaining.  I can deal with the look for a few more years.  The classic uniforms can be considered a treat.  I'm worried more about the play on the field.

4 people like this