OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

Gothamite    6,092

Be careful about extrapolating exact colors from old photographs.

But you know, it might be more helpful to post specific images.  Linking to a search isn't all that helpful for those of us on mobile. 

Ben in LA    405

Don’t like how the TV numbers on the blue jersey don’t match.

D0900D86-85A3-42D2-BBB8-062BB415E55D.jpeg

4B7D4899-86AB-4DE9-A042-9D3675D17FFE.jpeg

Ben in LA    405
2 hours ago, Ark said:

They should have worn their throwback uniform this week. 

Nah the home crowd would NEVER allow that jersey to be worn away from The Coliseum.

Matito    264
16 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Nah the home crowd would NEVER allow that jersey to be worn away from The Coliseum.

I wasn't aware that the home crowd could choose uniforms. If that's the case, where should I submit my recommendations to the Bucs?

Ark    656

When the Rams (hopefully) go back to those uniforms full time they're going to have to wear them at Dallas

shstpt1    75

Yea, but at that time, I would be considered a home uniform, so it wouldn’t be a big deal. The issue now is that it would burn one of their 2 Alternate game jersey options on a road game. They would rather wear the Royal/gold at home in front of their own crowd than on the road in front of another crowd

Ben in LA    405
2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Yea, but at that time, I would be considered a home uniform, so it wouldn’t be a big deal. The issue now is that it would burn one of their 2 Alternate game jersey options on a road game. They would rather wear the Royal/gold at home in front of their own crowd than on the road in front of another crowd

THIS is how I should’ve stated it

flyersfan    98

they shouldve just stuck with the bad old set they had, and then made a full switch when it is allowed. This half white half gold is simply hideous. Go back to either all white and blue, or throwbacks when they switch. my vote is for greatest show on turf unis.

Ark    656

The helmets are the best part of the Rams uniforms right now so I disagree.

NFL should really make an exception on their jersey rule though. You want to prevent brand confusion? This isn't how you do it.

Mitch B    284

The Rams have to bring back athletic gold.  Navy and white (particularly with this monochrome look) is too drab.  

Cosmic    2,556
1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

This is hideous.

IMG_6101.thumb.JPG.f3b2aefc2bd56bbd645fd6ec1b7b5f21.JPG

Looks like a hockey goalie that just got traded and couldn't get a new mask yet.

Cosmic    2,556
On 9/22/2017 at 9:52 PM, 4_tattoos said:

OT: When did people start referring to the color yellow as gold? It's confused me damn near my entire life I'm guilty of this as a Washington Redskins fan. I call the team's secondary color gold, but when the Steelers, Packers and Rams wear the exact same color I call it yellow.

For those of us who remember ColorWerx being active on this site... (sorry the formatting is funky)

On 9/22/2014 at 12:57 PM, ColorWerx said: 
   On 9/22/2014 at 12:49 PM, MEANS said: 

gold is Saints/49ers..etc. yellow is Steelers/Bruins/Packers...etc.

You're not really going to go there with me, are you???

Repeat after me:

COLOR DESCRIPTIONS ARE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. THEY DON'T MEAN A FRACKING THING.

They can call it Gold or Yellow, or Mountain Sharkz Saffron...doesn't matter.

upperV03    2,399
7 minutes ago, unimaniac said:

DAA6BDFC-D37C-4ECF-999D-ECB9087A2B82.jpeg

I mean, if you wanna get technical, the Cowboys don’t match either when they’re in white.

masterchaoss    89

So how do the uniform rules work for the postseason? If the Rams were to get in would they be allowed to wear the throwbacks or would the be stuck with the mismatched set. 

Quillz    263
On 9/26/2017 at 6:01 AM, Ben in LA said:

D0900D86-85A3-42D2-BBB8-062BB415E55D.jpeg

Frankly, I almost wish the 2020 update would modernize this and go with it. I think yellow as the primary color would be very interesting. I'm fine with blue and white and blue and yellow, but yellow as the predominant color isn't as common in the NFL, and would help the Rams stick out more.