OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

lbj273    61

Isn't the only thing stopping the Rams from changing is that they want the new unis to coincide with the new stadium?

Gothamite    6,092
7 hours ago, lbj273 said:

Isn't the only thing stopping the Rams from changing is that they want the new unis to coincide with the new stadium?

Yes.  

That and their stated desire to work, or at least consult, with the fans in LA. 

upperV03    2,399
21 minutes ago, LakeShow24 said:

br7kywdqr2qz.jpg

Sunday's game. Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaah.

So much better now that the jersey has the full collar again.

When (if) they revert to this look full-time when they move into the new stadium they better make the helmet blue match the jersey. Only thing that has been holding this look back from my number 1 spot.

dbofox    49
13 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

br7kywdqr2qz.jpg

Couldn't the just keep those helmet full time now? Sure it'd be mis-matched golds but would be better than white horns with white facemask.

upperV03    2,399
2 minutes ago, dbofox said:

Couldn't the just keep those helmet full time now? Sure it'd be mis-matched golds but would be better than white horns with white facemask.

That’d be even more awful than what they’re already doing...

Red Wolf    854
10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That’d be even more awful than what they’re already doing...

After the Cowboys game, the Rams may as well just randomize every uniform element like I used to do when I'd use Oregon on NCAA. It would be a trainwreck, but it already is. 

Ark    656
10 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

When (if) they revert to this look full-time when they move into the new stadium they better make the helmet blue match the jersey. Only thing that has been holding this look back from my number 1 spot.

The helmet has always been darker

quarterback-vince-ferragamo-of-the-los-a

quarterback-jim-everett-of-the-los-angel

nfl_g_warner01_576.jpg

Chawls    476
19 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

br7kywdqr2qz.jpg

So are we OK with the helmet color not matching the jerseys? 

colortv    238
10 minutes ago, Chawls said:

So are we OK with the helmet color not matching the jerseys? 

It's a throwback so whatever....but otherwise no, no I am not.

Discrimihater    317

It apparently took eons (not counting that ugly shade Ole Miss and the Broncos used to use), but the Giants found a way...no reason the Rams couldn't use whatever be paint job NYG uses if their overhaul goes royal/gold.

aawagner011    815
47 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

It apparently took eons (not counting that ugly shade Ole Miss and the Broncos used to use), but the Giants found a way...no reason the Rams couldn't use whatever be paint job NYG uses if their overhaul goes royal/gold.

I think that is the best solution. The Rams helmet has always been darker than the jersey for this throwback set, and it would look very odd to update it to a royal blue helmet. The Giants paint finish does a great job of reflecting different shades of blue, so in some light it reflects bright royal and in some light it appears dark navy. Might be the best of both worlds to satisfy the historical aspect but also color match it better.

Red Wolf    854
3 hours ago, Ark said:

nfl_g_warner01_576.jpg

Were the Rams the originators of the double blue trend that plagued the early 2000s? Those bastards. 

TJSC    178
22 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

br7kywdqr2qz.jpg

Everyone that absolutely hates the mismatched unis (including non-Rams fans) should team up and make a Gofundme to pay for the fines the Rams receive for wearing these unis every game. lol

4 hours ago, Ark said:

nfl_g_warner01_576.jpg

Yes, it’s always been the worst aspect of this uniform. Make the helmet royal and it’s near perfect. 

Chawls    476

Can someone photoshop a royal blue helmet to see how it would look with the rest of the uniform? 

AgentColon2    228
4 hours ago, Chawls said:

Can someone photoshop a royal blue helmet to see how it would look with the rest of the uniform? 

Using the most remedial drawing app on my phone. :lol:

1507374629399.jpeg

Mitch B    284
On 10/2/2017 at 10:10 AM, Gothamite said:

Came across two 1950s Rams jerseys on old MEARS auctions, an early 1950s gold and late 1950s blue.  

ramsgold.thumb.jpg.a1366ffb8d590696bdd92298be6d3762.jpg59440a_lg.thumb.jpeg.683e23970d1876f4d6cbe07fcfa92575.jpeg 

I'm afraid that they'd have to do something with those sleeve stripes, but I love the color scheme.  I don't think either jersey benefits from the addition of white, which only muddied up the numbers when used.

Make gold the home, blue the alt, and they're good to go.  With the helmets being as distinctive as they are, probably the best in the entire league, the Rams don't need elaborate jerseys to steal focus.

I'd like to see them go this route as well using a dark royal blue (or a light navy) ... maybe add a pair of gold pants for a few games.

Lights Out    2,243

Angelo State has worn royal blue helmets that perfectly match their uniforms for a while now, so there's no excuse for the Rams not to be able to do the same.

9WprYhn.jpg

T6QAYWw.png