OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

Michael Bolton    293
17 minutes ago, Ark said:

The darker helmet completes the uniform.

Agreed. The colors matching is a good idea on paper but those royal blue helmets just look kind of amateur to me.

gosioux76    144

After seeing what a royal helmet looks like, I can see maybe why the Rams stuck with a darker blue. It just looks better on a helmet. The royal looks terrible. Maybe the best solution is to find a blue that meets both shades somewhere in the middle. 

Jungle Jim    569

Regardless of the shade of blue, the helmet and the jersey need to match.  The mismatching is a relic of the past, but not a charming one, just as there's nothing charming or attractive about what the Cowboys do.

number81    14
On 10/2/2017 at 9:39 AM, kimball said:

Here's the thing ... it's not like the NFL or the Rams can work around this issue. After the Rams changed in 2000 they went to these uniforms ... 

33970775E.jpg

After one year they switched to the uniform we know now ... different number font basically ...

b59a1e9b6ef0e47bbe9eb7151e6620b6--marsha

That's a pretty dramatic change. Probably on par with the Rams eliminating gold from the jersey on their current set, especially the white version.

Sure policy could have changed in the past 15+ years since then -- but, give me a break, it's not a full design change.

Hopefully the NFL will allow the change until 2020 brings a rebrand. 

So, just a side note about the block font on those 2000 Rams...  The replica jerseys made in 2000 already had the 2001 - current number font, so I would assume that was always the Rams plan, and that for some logistical reason they had to use a different font on the gamers in 2000. Even more, those early Rams replicas featured a different nameplate font that never appeared on gamers.

Screenshot_20171007-104537.png

2 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Regardless of the shade of blue, the helmet and the jersey need to match.  The mismatching is a relic of the past, but not a charming one, just as there's nothing charming or attractive about what the Cowboys do.

Agreed, the Rams just need to look at the Giants change from 1999. Same problem, helmet darker than jersey, solved. 

SFGiants58    2,075
3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

After seeing what a royal helmet looks like, I can see maybe why the Rams stuck with a darker blue. It just looks better on a helmet. The royal looks terrible. Maybe the best solution is to find a blue that meets both shades somewhere in the middle. 

The Cowboys' old dark royal would be a good place to start.

CmjEssRWAAAWYS3.jpg 1971_Dallas.png?6181

colortv    238
8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Angelo State has worn royal blue helmets that perfectly match their uniforms for a while now, so there's no excuse for the Rams not to be able to do the same.

9WprYhn.jpg

T6QAYWw.png

Those helmets look great in the sun.

Though if they decide to go with a yellow dominant look they might want to go with a slightly darker blue all-around to make the yellow pop more.

daveindc    383
3 hours ago, colortv said:

Those helmets look great in the sun.

Though if they decide to go with a yellow dominant look they might want to go with a slightly darker blue all-around to make the yellow pop more.

@Lights Out

Here's some other looks from them:

S0016834683--209914.JPG

asufootball03_24597528_ver1.0_640_480.jp

887034_3510737_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

20100922-213041-pic-52448128_6111406_ver

asuFOOTBALL_017_8257365_ver1.0_640_480.j

10403_football_1222.jpg

4_tattoos    402
1 hour ago, daveindc said:

asufootball03_24597528_ver1.0_640_480.jp

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to this when the Rams rebrand. At the very least I'd like to see yellow jerseys over blue pants be an alternate option. Even with yellow socks lol :P

I just fear the Rams will go with navy, limit the use of yellow and not have a yellow alternate. It's the classic bland sports take that has been sweeping the world in the last several years. You have these great colors and you don't utilize them properly. This is what the outcome will be.

jmac11281    1,133
6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I just fear the Rams will go with navy, limit the use of yellow and not have a yellow alternate. It's t he classic bland sports take that has been sweeping the world in the last several years. You have these great colors and you don't utilize them properly. This is what the outcome will be.

So basically, they would become the Brewers of the NFL. I could completely see that, given that most franchises' management are completely blind to what fans want.

WavePunter    696

I almost feel like the Rams need to have a helmet that doesn't perfectly match the jerseys, but it should appear like they tried.. A dark metallic royal that catches some bright, vibrant royal highlights in the sun would be ideal (like the giants, but a bit darker).. Angelo State looks great above, but seems to be missing something.. The images from what appear to be night games are near perfect though..

Gothamite    6,092
On 10/7/2017 at 9:02 PM, daveindc said:

S0016834683--209914.JPG

That color looks great. 

Change those pants to these and you're done. 

Rams-2017-Uniform.jpg

I can't think of anything better for a sunny Southern California Sunday than a gold jersey with white pants.  They do that and I wouldn't even mind navy blue. 

4_tattoos    402

I think the Rams should leave yellow jerseys over white pants in the past. That's just not a good look to me *shrugs*

Ark    656

Rams need to make this uniform the primary now. 

1009_spo_ldn-l-rams-1009-jm-289.jpg?w=62

I know they want to wait until they move to the new stadium, but when you have an all-time great uniform you have to wear it as much as possible.

For those who want yellow to be the main color, there's still the road uniform.

ce118d75e7e3c802c824a2ef4b18a3d9.jpg

Red Wolf    854
34 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I think the Rams should leave yellow jerseys over white pants in the past. That's just not a good look to me *shrugs*

It's very brave of you to admit that you're wrong about something. ;)

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That color looks great. 

Change those pants to these and you're done. 

Rams-2017-Uniform.jpg

I can't think of anything better for a sunny Southern California Sunday than a gold jersey with white pants.  They do that and I wouldn't even mind navy blue. 

Just needs yellow on the pants. I'd say go for the blue-yellow-blue striping the old yellow set used. 

Bobster    197

I would prefer the 1960's blue & white, but am perfectly happy with the blue & gold.  just make the striping on the pants one blue stripe like on the current white pants.

Gupti    274
2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I actually think that these would look even better on a modern template with TV numbers on the shoulders and the Northwestern stripe on the sleeve cap.

16-rams-yellow-jerseys.jpg

Or just use those pants with the color rush jersey, which is actually also perfect in it's own right.