OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

Are the NFL (or any league's for that matter) rules concerning uniform / logo / name changes published anywhere?  We always talk about them, but I don't know if anyone's ever posted anything official - just references to them from articles that may or may not be 100% accurate and unbiased.

I'm assuming it wouldn't be part of the NFL rulebook, but probably something else that the owners have to abide by.  Maybe in the contract with the apparel supplier / advertiser?

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are the NFL (or any league's for that matter) rules concerning uniform / logo / name changes published anywhere?  We always talk about them, but I don't know if anyone's ever posted anything official - just references to them from articles that may or may not be 100% accurate and unbiased.

Dont think so - we only get glimpses.  Owners can reveal details, as happened when clubs were told about the one-helmet rule. 

We didn't know about the five-year uniform rule until the Bucs owner mentioned in the press that they couldn’t unveil another alternate until their throwback had reached that mark. 

In general, the NFL doesn’t want any of its operating details to get out in the public.  Manufacturer contracts are confidential, with only broad-stroke details discussed in a press release. Easily half of what we know about the league’s finances and operations come from information they’re forced to disclose to Packers shareholders.  Without that it would be much more opaque. 

The Rams need to change their uniforms now. With that playoff appearance (and future success), the Rams have the opportunity to be a primary team in Los Angeles. Having an in-between identity is only hurting that opportunity. 

Becoming a primary team in LA or opening a new stadium with new uniforms. What's more important?

2 hours ago, Ark said:

The Rams need to change their uniforms now. With that playoff appearance (and future success), the Rams have the opportunity to be the primary football team in Los Angeles. Having an in-between identity is only hurting that opportunity. 

Becoming the primary football team in LA or opening a new stadium with new uniforms. What's more important?

I don’t think the Rams have to worry about not being LA’s primary football team. The Chargers aren’t eclipsing them. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t think the Rams have to worry about not being LA’s primary football team. The Chargers aren’t eclipsing them. 

And the rams won't eclipse the raiders and likely not the cowboys or eagles either. They definitely could slot in above the steelers though.

They will. It’s only a matter of time (and if they continue to win).

It’s a shame the Rams didn’t win last night, because the crowd was ready to explode at any moment. The whole stadium was ready give the Rams everything we had. Never been apart of something like that before. It was incredible. 

And even around the city in general, leading up to the game, LA was ready to really support the Rams. It sucks the we’re such front runner fans as a sports city, but it is what it is. 

As a side note: the overwhelming color of choice among Rams fans yesterday at the Coliseum were royal and yellow. Easily 75-80% of those in attendance had either the royal and yellow throwback jerseys or merchandise.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

As a side note: the overwhelming color of choice among Rams fans yesterday at the Coliseum were royal and yellow. Easily 75-80% of those in attendance had either the royal and yellow throwback jerseys or merchandise.

Yeah, I came to say that. I was at the game as well.

LA fans have made their choice, and it's blue and yellow. It's not even close.

ff_2954808alt1_full.jpg&w=600

New Ram logo at the bottom of this shirt?

30 minutes ago, TJSC said:

Nothing new to see here, folks... 

JRJUOTl.jpg

The logo on the bottom shirt reminds me of this awesome Rangers hat I once owned with a hockey glove holding a torch, a la the Statue of Liberty... tons of precedent for merch-only logos.

37 minutes ago, TJSC said:

I absolutely can't believe someone could buy and wear this...

Honestly that just looks like the Rams version of the forward facing Seahawks alternate logo

13 hours ago, TJSC said:

This has Walmart clearance rack written all over it ...

12 hours ago, kimball said:

This has Walmart clearance rack written all over it ...

That's a compliment, right? I'd say it's "laying on the floor in an overcrowded Ross with people stepping on it recklessly" bad...

I'm ready for the tomato throwing but as I watched the Colorush Ram set I thought that they would make a nice home yellow jersey uniform(while paying homage to the Rams of the 50's) while perhaps using white pants and go with the regular blue jersey and yellow pants for the road. The Rams would be unique and I don't believe they would ever have a jersey conflict with another team while playing them.

Yeah pretty sure the NFL is not going to allow they to wear a blue jersey on the road. And there are plenty of teams that would clash with.

21 hours ago, joekono said:

I'm ready for the tomato throwing but as I watched the Colorush Ram set I thought that they would make a nice home yellow jersey uniform(while paying homage to the Rams of the 50's) while perhaps using white pants and go with the regular blue jersey and yellow pants for the road. The Rams would be unique and I don't believe they would ever have a jersey conflict with another team while playing them.

I’ve suggested this multiple times elsewhere. They should at least TRY the look.