OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

2,168 posts in this topic

Move the Rams and Raiders. They both have substantial histories in LA. Raiders have the same look they had in LA so that's fine. Change the Rams back to their LA colors and all is good.

NFLLA.jpg

1 person likes this

This is what I'd like to see from the Rams and Chargers.

jack_snow_1970_11_08.jpgdan_fouts_1976_10_10.jpg

The Rams have been hinting at a change since 2014. So this seems a possibility:

13973401756_8a90f5c3b8_o.png

For my own part, I'd like to see this again:

j_everett_061011_top.jpg

Or better yet, this:

nflslr1951opt1.jpg

I like the brighter colors for an LA team, and the fans have already adopted them as their signature.

LA_Rams_Fans.jpg

2 people like this

The blue Chargers helmets with the yellow bolts are so much better than what they wear now that it isn't even funny. I've never understood the affection for the Chargers white helmets. Yellow bolts on a white background?!

I was disappointed when they switched the bolts to white, because it just looked washed out compared to what it replaced, but then the change to white helmets was a further step in the wrong direction.

I want one of these teams to change one color. At least so they have unique brands

I'd like to see the Rams in Navy & Yellow (with an emphasis on yellow) and the Chargers in Powder Blue & Yellow if they both end up in LA. The Raiders are fine as-is.

I generally dislike navy and yellow together (reminds me of Michigan), but if anybody should wear that scheme, it's the Chargers. They looked great in it as recently as 2006.

Or better yet, this:

nflslr1951opt1.jpg

I'd be good with that. The color rush jerseys with white pants would be a fine choice too.

12331885_1272861926074269_25802869_n.jpg

1 person likes this

I personally feel that the Chargers just need to drop powder & add a lil more yellow.

The Rams? Bring back gold or go blue & white on us. Either way, it's a win.

NO. TOUCHING. RAIDERS. NIKE.

No thanks on the powder blue Chargers helmet. The helmets need to be white if they're going to go with a look inspired by the throwbacks.

Broadly speaking? ANY previous Chargers look would be preferable to the mess they have now. I'm not opposed to a new design in principal, but they tried that once and we got the current clown suits as a result. So probably best to just pick any one of the previous awesome uniforms and play it safe.

i wouldn't expect any major changes to happen, but if there are, it's sure that no team will be going backwards. they'll take whats there already, and maybe some older design cues, and do something new. i guarantee no team will simply adopt a throwback uniform design.

Well, it looks like it is official. Rams to LA, Chargers likely to follow. Raiders staying in Oakland.

I'd like to see the Rams use a look inspired by the color rush/throwbacks. Either or navy or royal blue with yellow and the horn-in-sleeve design. I think the Chargers should do a fauxback of sorts. Draw inspiration from the past and convert it to a modern template. Use powder, navy, and yellow, with white helmets and pants. I'd take a modernization of the uniforms jrodsep posted, with cleaned up bolt-striping, the removal of numbers from the helmet and gray from the facemask, and the infusion of navy.

1 person likes this

The Rams have never played in St. Louis County. And now they never will either trolololololololol

My shameless self-promotion, you ask? Why, certainly...

ram1a_zpsmbxcqrnt.png

chrgr3_zps14291874.png

Thank you! Something that revives the sleeve/shoulder horns for the Rams is a must for me, and I love the yellow jerseys! As long as they can avoid going yellow-over-yellow too often...

The Chargers look darn good too with that old UCLA color scheme (more or less), and I like the custom font you made for them. I would like to see a wee bit of navy as an accent color (but definitely using powder blue as the primary).

Move the Rams and Raiders. They both have substantial histories in LA. Raiders have the same look they had in LA so that's fine. Change the Rams back to their LA colors and all is good.

NFLLA.jpg

I say move the Rams and Chargers. The Raiders belong in Oakland more than the Chargers belong in San Diego. I'm probably being prejudiced because the Raiders won two Super Bowls in Oakland but I think that's where they belong. I also agree with moving the Rams back to royal and yellow. And RETURN THE SLEEVE/SHOULDER HORN!

Well, it looks like it is official. Rams to LA, Chargers likely to follow. Raiders staying in Oakland.

I'd like to see the Rams use a look inspired by the color rush/throwbacks. Either or navy or royal blue with yellow and the horn-in-sleeve design. I think the Chargers should do a fauxback of sorts. Draw inspiration from the past and convert it to a modern template. Use powder, navy, and yellow, with white helmets and pants. I'd take a modernization of the uniforms jrodsep posted, with cleaned up bolt-striping, the removal of numbers from the helmet and gray from the facemask, and the infusion of navy.

Good ideas. Although for the Chargers I'd move navy to tertiary and make powder the primary.

I'd like the Rams to go back to the old Blue and Gold, but use some design aspects of the current uniform set, like the font and striping.

I'd want a Blue helmet for all sets, gold horns as usual. They should wear a blue jersey with white pants at home, with gold striping. Now on the road, I'd like for them to go white jersey with gold pants and blue striping. Now for alternates, #1 should be all blue, while #2 should be all gold. #3 should go all white, and #4 is white with blue pants. #5 is A blue jersey with gold pants, and #6 is a gold jersey with blue pants. Very odd combinations, but I'd love to see them used.

For the Rams, I guess I'd like to see something like McCarthy's concept...I don't love horns on the sleeves, which with the way sleeves are disappearing, does not work so well. But the 80s colors work.

Chargers looked best with their dark colors, IMO. I would like that look. I hope they don't go way back and put numbers on the helmets again; that's very college.

And like most, I'd want (and expect) the Raiders to stay the same.

Horns on the jersey, somewhere, need to return. If they can't go on the sleeve, put them on the shoulder. They're too iconic (the last 16 seasons notwithstanding) to not come back. They're like the horns on the helmet, or the wings on the Eagles' helmet, or the stripes on the Bengals' helmet and unis, or the Colts' and Jets' shoulder-stripe pattern, or the Vikings' almost-wrap-around horns, or (more modern) the Seahawks' wrap-around helmet logos and bumpy stripe-thingy or the Broncos' side panels that flow into the pants stripes. I liked the jersey look the Rams used for Color Rush, except I'd prefer royal blue to navy and some kind of outline for the numbers.

I doubt that they would want similar colors... do I dare say that one organization needs to buck tradition and try and create a new identity with a new color? Definitely think that the Chargers should emphasize the powder blue. Rams might be the place to change things.

LA Rams: Dark royal blue and yellow. Yellow primary home jerseys. Blue alt jerseys. Blue, yellow and white pants

Chargers: Promote powder blue to the primary color, drop navy to accent color status. Keep the white helmets with yellow bolts. NO YELLOW PANTS!!! Powder blue and white trousers only.