OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

Recommended Posts

beast3    13
48 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

YES.

 

LosAngelesRams.png

 

If the Rams did wear a gold/yellow jersey at home, would the opponent wear a white or colored jersey? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawk36    1,121
23 minutes ago, beast3 said:

 

If the Rams did wear a gold/yellow jersey at home, would the opponent wear a white or colored jersey? 

Great question. In reality I'd say anything except for yellow, red or orange would work vs them but not sure what the NFL rules say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Great question. In reality I'd say anything except for yellow, red or orange would work vs them but not sure what the NFL rules say.

Well what does a team like the Heat wear against the Lakers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ice_Cap    7,586
35 minutes ago, beast3 said:

 

If the Rams did wear a gold/yellow jersey at home, would the opponent wear a white or colored jersey? 

 

E3EKdqL.jpg

 

Wl0o3xs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOldRoman    1,099
22 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Well, as I was typing it I thought of how much I liked the Maple Leafs look (particularly Ballard Leaf, but I digress).  So whatever inconsistency there is, I am guilty as well.

 

I cannot speak to LA.  But on this board, the white and blue seems popular.  As popular as royal/yellow?  Maybe not.  But certainly not un-popular.

 

I don't think it's really that popular on this board. I made that mistake a while back, commenting on how there were so many people who inexplicably loved that set. Then, after talking it through with others, we determined that like 99% of the posts in favor of that set were from Infrared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ice_Cap    7,586
On 2016-12-02 at 1:46 PM, OnWis97 said:

Well, as I was typing it I thought of how much I liked the Maple Leafs look (particularly Ballard Leaf, but I digress).  So whatever inconsistency there is, I am guilty as well.

 

I cannot speak to LA.  But on this board, the white and blue seems popular.  As popular as royal/yellow?  Maybe not.  But certainly not un-popular.

I don't think it's inconsistency. I think it just comes down to teams existing in their own context. 

The Maple Leafs have been blue and white for ninety-two of their hundred years of existence. That's their look. It works for them. The Lightning, on the other hand, had been black, blue, white, and silver up until relatively recently. People tend to give their current look a hard time not because blue and white looks back, but because it's infringing on the established look of another team. 

 

With the Padres? Navy and white works for the Yankees and Tigers because that's their establish look. The Padres though? They're not as established, and have a history with a unique colour scheme. What works for the Yankees and Tigers seems bland in the Padres' context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOldRoman    1,099
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I don't think it's inconsistency. I think it just comes down to teams existing in their own context. 

The Maple Leafs have been blue and white for ninety-two of their hundred years of existence. That's their look. It works for them. The Lightning, on the other hand, had been black, blue, white, and silver up until relatively recently. People tend to give their current look a hard time not because blue and white looks back, but because it's infringing on the established look of another team. 

 

With the Padres? Navy and white works for the Yankees and Tigers because that's their establish look. The Padres though? They're not as established, and have a history with a unique colour scheme. What works for the Yankees and Tigers seems bland in the Padres' context.

 

I agree, and at the risk of being attacked by a mob, I don't particularly care for either the Yankees or Tigers home uniforms. Bother are iconic and should never be changed, but if either were an expansion team starting fresh, I'd consider the designs and the lack of a tertiary color underwhelming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
masterchaoss    83

Eh at that point I'd rather stick with blue even if it isn't unique. The main reason I personally like the idea of blue and white is that you get to see all the leagues colors instead of the road team just wearing white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in LA    380
6 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Eh at that point I'd rather stick with blue even if it isn't unique. The main reason I personally like the idea of blue and white is that you get to see all the leagues colors instead of the road team just wearing white.

That the EXACT reason why the Rams went that route from 1964-72.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matito    244
8 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Eh at that point I'd rather stick with blue even if it isn't unique. The main reason I personally like the idea of blue and white is that you get to see all the leagues colors instead of the road team just wearing white.

In the 60s and 70s, that was important. There was no Internet, color TV wasn't everywhere, and even photography in newspapers and magazines weren't always in color. Fans wouldn't always know what other teams looked like, so it was a treat.

 

Nowadays, we have all those things to the point where there's a national marketing craze over Color Rush. It's hardly comparable, and a team wearing white at home to "show off other teams' colors" is completely unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CreamSoda    1,160

When I used to play drop-in hockey, I hated when a yellow jersey played for the "white" side.   To me, a yellow jersey is plenty dark enough and stands out fine against a white jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colortv    126

Fred Roggin, who is plugged in with the Rams (He insisted during the whole relocation saga last year that the Rams project was the favored more impressive project and had a sit down interview with Kroenke the day after the Rams were chosen) is reporting that Chargers to LA is almost a done deal, with no plans to rebrand:

 

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Chargers-Move-to-Los-Angeles-Almost-a-Done-Deal-405520466.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DustDevil61    437
1 hour ago, colortv said:

Fred Roggin, who is plugged in with the Rams (He insisted during the whole relocation saga last year that the Rams project was the favored more impressive project and had a sit down interview with Kroenke the day after the Rams were chosen) is reporting that Chargers to LA is almost a done deal, with no plans to rebrand:

 

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Chargers-Move-to-Los-Angeles-Almost-a-Done-Deal-405520466.html

 

Los Angeles Clippers of Football of Carson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawk36    1,121
14 hours ago, colortv said:

Fred Roggin, who is plugged in with the Rams (He insisted during the whole relocation saga last year that the Rams project was the favored more impressive project and had a sit down interview with Kroenke the day after the Rams were chosen) is reporting that Chargers to LA is almost a done deal, with no plans to rebrand:

 

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Chargers-Move-to-Los-Angeles-Almost-a-Done-Deal-405520466.html

LAChargers.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mitch B    269

Could the Rams and the Chargers both switch to royal blue and athletic gold while sharing the same home stadium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawk36    1,121
18 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

Could the Rams and the Chargers both switch to royal blue and athletic gold while sharing the same home stadium?

Just go back to the late 70s early 80s uniforms for both teams.

f945a11b8913a0992c48e75e056f1054.jpg04f33801d3dfd8e49ac97c18fa700a00.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now