OnWis97

Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

~Bear    322

What will be worse, the Rams or their mismatched jerseys? God this is a trainwreck. 

Either change everything now, or wait entirely to 2019. 

5 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So they are making a change for next year that won't be around in 2 years??? Am I reading those tweets correctly?

they'll probably use it as a alt/fauxback. I'm hoping the 2019 would be royal blue helmets but if they were navy and yellow then you could keep this look as the alt.

daveindc    383
1 minute ago, ~Bear said:

What will be worse, the Rams or their mismatched jerseys? God this is a trainwreck. 

I'm with you. Just suck it up until 2019, and leave it alone. This just looks ate up.

TVIXX    220
14 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

That's the Padres job?

slapshot    395
7 hours ago, insert name said:

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but I always preferred these uniforms. So that's why I don't mind the change to Blue and White, even if temporary.

IMG_9472.JPG

I don't get all the nostalgia for an incredibly bland look. It's navy and white. Period. The Rams had this look for about 10 years of their existence. Every other year, there was some shade of gold, whether athletic or Vegas. There's already a blue-and-white team in the league (Colts). The yellow-and-blue look was so distinctive. Dropping the yelllow looks cheap, like the team was trying to save money by using one color instead of two.

ScubaSteve    309

Really surprised with all the negative responses to this. I think navy/white looks great. They can always add gold later and use it as an alternate. But something about this color combo just looks really nice and crisp to me.

dont care    1,444
1 hour ago, daveindc said:

I'm with you. Just suck it up until 2019, and leave it alone. This just looks ate up.

especially when they are forced to wear their blue jerseys because they play in dallas or Miami.

jp1409    694
11 minutes ago, dont care said:

especially when they are forced to wear their blue jerseys because they play in dallas or Miami.

Aren't they allowed to wear throwbacks (alts) twice a year?

dont care    1,444
1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

Aren't they allowed to wear throwbacks (alts) twice a year?

Yes but most teams try to save those for their home fans.

gosioux76    144

This may seem absurd, and it probably is, but part of me wonders whether this shift to blue and white is to provide some contrast with their future stadium's co-tenant, the blue-and-yellow Chargers.

Considering the Rams are the primary tenant, I doubt they did it for this reason. But this shift to blue and white at least provide some more distinct separation between the looks of the Rams and Chargers. 

This, of course, is assuming that the Rams eventually overhaul in 2019 retains the blue-and-white scheme. Which is a big assumption. 

Rockstar Matt    639

I know I've been droning on about the Rams returning to their rightful colors (blue and yellow), but damn, those white horn helmets are awesome. There's just something about them that exudes class. If they just got rid of the little bit of gold on their jerseys, this would be a solid look. I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

burgundy    543

So if the Rams can get approved to change helmets on short notice without a full redesign, then why are we still stuck with those Jaguars abominations?

ltjets21    183

A perfect world for a new uniform set would be at home they have the blue and yellow with gold horns and then on the road wear navy and white. Kind of like the Cowboys and Detroit Tigers.

MTZehvor    15
47 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

So I tried this look out on Madden and I'm not sure what to think. This is going to be really weird.

It looks even weirder in real life.

ZvdbLR4.png

Assuming they stick with the look they had on that TNF game, the gold striping on the pants makes colors contrast even more. I can only imagine how awful this outfit will look with their standard home navy uniforms, which have essentially no white at all. At least with their road jerseys the white horns sort of compliment the majority of the jersey color.

10 minutes ago, MTZehvor said:

It looks even weirder in real life.

ZvdbLR4.png

Assuming they stick with the look they had on that TNF game, the gold striping on the pants makes colors contrast even more. I can only imagine how awful this outfit will look with their standard home navy uniforms, which have essentially no white at all. At least with their road jerseys the white horns sort of compliment the majority of the jersey color.

Yeah, that game against the Seahawks was weird to watch but it was passable for it just being a one-off Color Rush game. Extending this to the rest of the season is probably a bad idea. You're right about the navy, it's going to look REALLY bad unless they somehow get to wear white for the entire season. Few teams have gone an entire season wearing all white in the last several years so I don't know.

NYCdog    77
7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Rams announce color rush helmets from 2016-17 season will now become primary helmets. Effective this upcoming season.

Now a poll is up to decide which facemask (blue or white) to use.

White.